2018 Music Releases

Mass of the Fermenting Dregs released their first album in a while independently on Bandcamp earlier this month:

Just recently got into Hinds out of Spain. Super catchy, super fun.

I really like the new Jens Lekman song. It deals with toxic masculinity, Nice Guys and problematic media that caters to those things. It’s introspective in a way that I’m pleasantly surprised with.

I can’t find a link to it anywhere besides Spotify:

Lyrics: http://c-o-r-r-e-s-p-o-n-d-e-n-c-e.com/Revenge%20of%20the%20Nerds.html.

This music video and the song backing it just… oOozes style

holy SHIT i didnt know this band was back together! they’ve been one of my favorites since high school, i gotta listen to this right now.

Thank you for posting this, had no idea when this new album was dropping.

Been listening to a lot of Scott Hutchison’s music again recently, the Mastersystem album released earlier this year gets better every time I go back to it. When the drums kick back in at the time make me feel like a teen again, loving the grunge-ass sound of 90’s bands before getting a wider music taste.

Thanks for the Kamasi Washington suggestion! This is wild. I only just made it through the opening track, Fists of Fury, and it blew me away. Ennio Morricone meets Blue Note. hell yea

This track is stellar, makes me so excited for this album!

We’re getting a new Swearin’ album in October!!! Allison Crutchfield’s Tourist in This Town was one my favourite releases of last year but I’m happy to have her get the band back together.

New-ish Sleep song. Don’t know how I missed it when it came out. It rips, of course. Hope they play it when I see 'em tonight.

I’ve been really enjoying this album. It’s ambient but with a lot of funk influenced sounds. O think it’s extremely relaxing, which is exactly what I’m looking for right now.

I’m not usually into bluegrass. But if you give me melodies I already know, apparently I like any genre.

It’s 2018 and Robyn has released a new single! :smiley:

I’d never heard of this band before I’ve been listening to this album over and over since you posted it, so thanks!

Astroworld came out this weekend and I’ve been enjoying it quite a lot. I like Travis’s penchant for taking what are otherwise fairly rote drug raps and making them more interesting with really varied production. Some songs on the album are definitely a little more boring than the others, but overall it manages to flow really well despite the variance in instrumentation.

New Aphex Twin with a very strobe-y video just as fair warning.

Adrianne Lenker also has a new solo album out this year, she is the singer and guitarist from Big Thief. Sounding good!

That album turned out great! Devotion is an amazing track, but I think my favorite is Affection. I love how sparse it is (I do kinda wish it was somewhere else in the track listing though. The Oneohtrix Point Never sounding opening to Basic Need is a bit of a shock coming right after the fade out on Affection).

I haven’t heard it yet, waiting for my LP to arrive! Exited!! :slight_smile: