2018 Music Releases

I thought of Sheck Wes as just a guilty pleasure but I’m now blown away by how much I’m digging his first LP MUDBOY.

It’s really good, heard it this morning. I don’t know too much about Anderson .Paak but I’ve heard Bubblin’ and I’m listening to Malibu after listening to Tints this morning. He’s pretty good!

The new Fucked Up album is :+1:

just started in on the new Four Fists full-length, a collaboration between Astronautalis and P.O.S. I’m not as familiar with P.O.S. as I am with Astronautalis, who fucking rules, but this album has informed me: P.O.S. also fucking rules. The production so far is phenomenal and EXTREMELY dense in a way that indie hip-hop often fails to be, and both are fierce on the mic. I’m into it

St Vincent has released a stripped back piano version of Masseduction called MassEducation and I am blown away. I say stripped back but some parts seem so much richer than the original.
https://youtu.be/AdmSRfbjQlY

It’s very good, Annie can do no wrong currently.

Edit: I got to see Mono last week, and they were incredible. They have a new song out which is also great.

Whoaaaa, is it me, or is there a significant lack of Justice in here?

Fresh off the heels of their album Woman last year, they’re back again with Woman Worldwide, filled some awesome ass remixes of tracks from their last album and mashups with some of their older stuff.

Behold.

sheck wes is for real. kid has a lot to say but he couches it so well between the artful restraint n the sheer intensity. if he stays hungry he could be huge. definitely in my top 10 of the year so far

in other news, high on fire’s new album rips, what a surprise! idk if i like it as much as i loved the new sleep album but it’s still rock solid

i think Denzel Curry’s TA13OO has been a huge surprise for me this year. the album’s flow and concept are executed on so well, it’s an absolute triumph imo. he manages to push himself creatively in every direction at once and tighten and choreograph it perfectly across 13 tracks. it’s an album where he goes harder on his horrorcore elements than he has in ages but he also proves that he can write an incredibly tight Pop Song!! i’m so impressed with it

haven’t seen this posted yet so: Room 25 by Noname dropped about a month ago and I’m just getting to it. It’s very good:

her flow reminds me a lot of early Lyrics Born - super laid back, soft, smooth, but blindingly fast. i love the new record!

I was uncertain of this but the change of energy at the halfway mark made me wanna throw a stack of papers on the ground

Pretty good.