2019 Music Releases!

PNL dropped a new song and video and announced a new album on 5th April, I am freaking out y’all

this video dropped a while back but the album just came out last week! really loving it so far

1 Like

PUP has dropped 3 new songs since they were last mentioned in this thread. They’re all great, but “Scorpion Hill” might be their best song period. New album next Friday!

The 3rd new King Gizzard song is really fun and groovy

Check out the new Matmos album Plastic Anniversary for a very good version of their weird, conceptual (every sound was created using plastic?) electronics.

Quelle Chris just released the best hip hop album of the year (so far) with Guns

I’ve never been a huge Weyes Blood fan, but she finally did a track I love so here it is

Elizabeth Colour Wheel became a must-hear band for me after The AVClub’s David Anthony described them as “a bit like if Joanna Newsom were singing for Neurosis”

Lastly, I’d always assumed that Wand was a generic psych/garage band, but then they proved me wrong with Thin Air

PS I appreciate the Tierra Whack coverage in this thread, and hope she does another LP soon, might as well include her 5th new song

2 Likes

Loma has a new song, and it’s excellent!

Jonathan Meiburg is the greatest living rock musician imho, so pretty much any project he touches is gold!

1 Like

I know it’s pretty cliche to say “X Band sounds like it’s taking a lot of influence from Y Band”, but I just can’t help making those connections with this new PUP album. “Scorpion Hill” alone gives me heavy vibes of prime era Titus Andronicus, the sing-speak verses on “Kids” make me feel like I’m listening to The Dismemberment Plan’s “Ice of Boston,” and I’m even picking up some Modest Mouse here and there toward the end of the album. What I’m saying this album is reminding me of all my favorite bands from around 2012-13, and I love it!

2 Likes

This is going to be my album of the year, easy. I think it’s probably their most complete album front-to-back as well. I’m just absolutely in love with it and can’t wait to see them play ‘City’ live.

2 Likes

I’m really feeling this new single from Mattiel.

1 Like

This song. :heart:

One of my faves this year so far (the album as a whole too).

Another of my fave 2019 releases is VOL. 4:: SLAVES OF FEAR from the band HEALTH. (Folks may know them from GTA V or the Max Payne 3 OST).

[googles Jonathan Meiburg]
Oh wow, I had no idea that Jonathan Meiburg was Shearwater! Rook is a classic album, I’m really gonna need to give Loma a better chance now. This new song is quite good, thanks for sharing!