A More Civilized Age or: How Tony Gilroy Saved Star Wars

Despite his new power over the program,Tarkin continued to keep a degree of distance between himself and the project, as he did not want to claim full responsibility for the Death Star until it was finished. As such, Tarkin was free to blame setbacks and failures on Krennic.(DS-1 Death Star Mobile Battle Station | Wookieepedia | Fandom)

Tarkin is the worst project manager in history

I was wondering why this thread was popping off more than usual until I realized that AMCA decided to take a detour into good Star Wars. Holy shit, I just finished Andor episode 6 and this is some prime rib, USDA choice, Television. Fuck, and I have another half season? AND it gets better?! Fuck.

6 Likes

The show somehow only gets better, I’m so excited for you.

3 Likes

WHOA. Apparently Dedra is also the voice actor of Yennifer?!

1 Like

So you watched the Honest Trailers for Andor too, eh?

1 Like

Hey all! Kirk Hamilton put out an episode of his podcast Strong Songs on the music of Andor and its really great. Some interesting insight and not too technically dense, I def recommend it if you, like me, are still in the Andor headspace.

3 Likes

Great episode. Strong Songs is low key one of the best podcasts out there, I learn more about music theory from it than I did from eight years of music classes.

2 Likes

Kirk talking about the funeral scene had me quietly melting down and made me decide I needed to rewatch, this time with my wife.

We got through the whole season in 2 sittings.

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean, this ep brought me right back to the headspace I was in watching this shows peaks for the first time. Can’t wait to do a rewatch with my partner over the holiday.

@MostlyHarmless absolutely, not to overstate it but the show seriously realigned my relationship with music from something that was a like a magic trick into something I could actually understand and do myself

2 Likes

If anyone else hasn’t heard it. Someone put all the intro themes together:

3 Likes

Fun timing

3 Likes

Kirk is owed Andor after having to watch the utter dogshit The Stand miniseries a couple months ago for Just King Things. Everybody who watched The Stand was owed Andor.

1 Like

Between this episode and Strong Songs I’m back on my Andor bullshit. I literally can’t get enough of anything Andor. I’ve watched like five video essays on YouTube since listening to those two podcasts yesterday. I think a full rewatch of the series and Rogue One is soon to follow.

1 Like

Once upon a time I would have given a kidney and part of my liver to do what Kirk does. He’s the guy who hipped me to Kids on the Slope.

1 Like

Damn, gonna be sad to see this keyart go away (unless they use it for Rebels?).

Did a double double take today with respect to the new AMCA episode. First, as I was starting to watch the next set of Clone Wars episodes, I realized I had already watched them pre-Andor. Then when I started listening to the pod, I remembered halfway through that this pod was recorded pre-Andor as well. Made for a very confusing day!

2 Likes

Exactly the same. I watched those episodes frantically before the episode was due to drop and then, Bam! Andor run.

Poor Fives. I honestly was surprised how the arc played out.

Rob: “This Chad clone went to murder school

One of my favourite AMCA lines.

1 Like

Watching the latest Bad Batch episode after that AMCA episode :eyes:

Just finished watching the episodes but haven’t listened to AMCA yet. I have a question. What is money? What is money in the context of Star Wars? Why does the “Banking Clan” have the authority to issue currency that appears to be legal tender in both the Republic and Separatist systems? What is the currency backed by? The US is no longer on the gold standard, but the US dollar is backed by two things, 1) trust in the American economy and its ability to produce widgets that are of value to people, and 2) the might of the American military and its ability to collect on debts (if trust in 1 ever wavers). The Banking Clan does not appear to have an army, certainly not one that can stand up to the Republic OR the Separatists, nor does it seem to have an economy of its own other than banking.

3 Likes