A Waypoint Investigation: Did This Game Accidentally Include a Goatse Reference?

Two hands. A gaping hole. A developer claiming ignorance. We had to find out more.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/a-waypoint-investigation-did-this-game-accidentally-include-a-goatse-reference

Patrick is the greatest living investigative reporter.

This is the greatest article in the history of Games Journalism.

So glad this turned into an actual article. This is the kind of funny but seriously burning question that usually goes unanswered.

This is the kind of deep, investigative reporting I’ve come to expect from bastionfucks.com

I like that the developer’s solution is to add long fingernails, as if that is going to make it less uncomfortable.

Eh, I suppose I’ll believe the guy because why even bother feigning ignorance? (unless he was hoping to get free exposure out of it, which he has now accomplished…)

That said, anyone remember the third place winner for the BioShock limited edition cover art contest?

Am I going to be that gaping, inflamed asshole that notes the hands in this case are facing the wrong way for a goatse reference? If true, the perspective in game would be from inside the colon.

Also, thank you, Patrick. Goatse is now on my phone’s autocorrect and my nightmares are unending.

If you check the screenshot of the Steam message, the person trying to Troll them even recognises this and asks to put a ring on the hand on the right side of the screen “because we are inside looking out”.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this hole story