'Ace Combat 7' Has Me Excited About PSVR Again

Because who doesn’t want the ‘Top Gun’ experience strapped to their face?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/a3deap/ace-combat-7-has-me-excited-about-psvr-again

I wouldn’t sell the story short, they’re very engaging and adds so much weight to the gameplay. It now has a well-deserved reputation of being far more entertaining and thoughtful than one would expect.

This might push me to get VR one of these days along Rez Infinite.

Yeah! Where’s Mike Diver get off talking down Ace Combat’s anime melodrama while referencing Top Gun?

“Talk to me, Goose.”

“You can be my wingman anytime.”

"Maverick: Jesus Christ, and you think I’m reckless? When I fly, I’ll have you know that my crew and my plane come first.

Charlie: Well, I am going to finish my sentence, Lieutenant. My review of your flight performance was right on.

Maverick: Is that right?

Charlie: That is right, but I held something back. I see some real genius in your flying, Maverick, but I can’t say that in there. I was afraid that everyone in the tax trailer would see right through me, and I just don’t want anyone to know that I’ve fallen for you."

Come on, that’s the heart and soul of 80s melodrama.

I heard this is gonna have a separate campaign for VR tho? I was kind of looking to see a full story in VR and I hope this doesn’t get separated to a point of being an extra

If you like flying planes in VR, check out warthunder in VR. Some of the most immersive flight sim ever.

War Thunder in VR is one of the must play VR games I feel like. It’s F2P, works with both the Vive and Rift, is a solid plane combat game, and the microtransaction model feels more than fair. Plus you can play with your friends who are not using VR.

It’s also the game that makes me feel ill after thirty minutes and I feel like I deserve it. Only complaint I have is I wished once you were shot down you could jump to third person so I didn’t have to watch my plane spiral really fast towards the Earth in first person.

It took me a week and change before I did not feel the ground moving under me after playing, just like after you have been on an extended boat trip.