All Coffee vs. All Tea

• Coffee
  • Tea
  • no

0 voters

Everything that is a coffee vs. everything that is a tea.

If I had to choose, I’d probably choose coffee. I’ve never drank a tea that didn’t ultimately taste like “water, but with some stuff in it”

That being said, I got a nasty ass blister on my foot from spilling coffee on myself, like, yesterday, so my feelings are mixed on the whole “hot beverage” thing in general right now

2 Likes

All tea for me. I generally like drinking coffee and drink more of it than tea, but that’s mostly because coffee helps my sleepy ass stay awake in the morning. I like boba too much to say all coffee over all tea, though.

1 Like

Im definitely a tea man. Never really drank coffee because I was always afraid of becoming dependent. While I really like the taste of coffee, I dont like it enough to drink decaf. (Coffee flavored ice cream rules tho)

3 Likes

I drink coffee everyday, and I might not even have one cup of tea in the run of a week, but tea is the correct answer. It’s got variety that coffee can’t reach. I’m not much of a black tea person, and I don’t particularly care fore green teas, but fruit teas are great. I’ve got a ginger peach tea right now that’s very good, a decent raspberry tea, and awful strawberry cream tea and a decent blueberry tea. How is coffee going to reach that level of variety? It can’t.

4 Likes

My Twitter bio says I’m “60% coffee” for a good reason.

2 Likes

I wish I were a tea man. I want to be sophisticated and complex. But the offices I’ve worked for give coffee for free, so I take the caffeine I got.

1 Like

When you word it “everything that is a tea”, I gotta go with tea. So much variety (at least at my price point; I know there are cool fancy coffees but even the best tea I’ve had was like 1/10th of the cost of the best coffee I’ve been in the presence of).

2 Likes

I will take bad coffee over bad tea, but I’ll take average-to-good tea over average-to-good coffee.

1 Like

I am compulsorily on Team Tea because any amount of caffeine over what is contained in like a cup of black tea or a can of soda will give me hella panic attacks.

That said, a few years ago I spent a month in Italy, and Italian coffee is so good it was almost worth destroying my sympathetic nervous system for 2-3 hours.

2 Likes

Caffeine and I don’t get along so well anymore, so I’m extremely into a good cup of tea (which doesn’t have enough caffeine to bother me).

2 Likes

I am not a functioning human being until I’ve had my two cups of coffee. I used to drink it at the office once I got in, but that usually meant I was useless for up to an hour after getting in.

Now I have a coffee machine where I prepare it the night before and wake up to a freshly brewed pot. It’s the only way I can get up a reasonable time.

1 Like

I’m definitely team coffee, but I’m also a person who is really into flavored creams and syrups in my coffee (mint iced coffee is the bomb) and has become dependent on caffeine. I like tea but there is something about the smell and strong taste of coffee in the morning that I haven’t found a tea that competes with yet.

2 Likes

Yeah, tea no question. I’m not much of a coffee drinker (too much caffeine for my taste and I don’t wanna chance getting hooked on it), but also between traditional, herbal, and fruit, tea has sooo much variety. Even without adding any sugar, milk, etc., you can experience so many different flavors just drinking tea straight. Chamomile, peppermint, ginger + tumeric, orange are some of my faves :tea:

2 Likes

I love both, but I’m a bigger iced coffee fan than iced tea, so that’s where my loyalties ultimately lie

2 Likes

As much as I want to like it, all the teas I’ve had I’ve usually just ended up wanting more substance, effect and flavour from it, and often it just ends up coating my mouth in this unpleasant way.

Admittedly I tend to flavour my coffee with sugar, chocolate and milk, but it lends itself well to it. I’ll take a decent mochaccino over anything really, including tea.

(Both are great iced imo)

2 Likes

Not so long ago I managed an independent cafe in Toronto with a really good selection of both coffee and tea so for me I can easily say that after spending 40+ hours a week with nearly unlimited access to both in the end I came out a tea person.

3 Likes

I wish I had more tea. I never think to make either unless I’m at work, and once I’m at work I wanna be fucked up on caffeine. BUT when I was a student, I used to make tea ALL the time and have so many different kinds that I loved. I’m gonna buy some tea at the store tonight to start making in the evening, let’s see if it converts me back

1 Like

more of a tea person cause the variety provides more chances for hits. for coffee i like how my dad used to do it with just a bit of sugar. too much of anything in coffee leads to it not tasting like coffee at all.

1 Like

I love tea. But I’ve probably be brought up to like tea since I’m British. There are particular teas I have to drink when I’m working or thinking. There are different types I drink depending on what time of day it is. Ever since moving into my new place I have an entire cupboard dedicated to different teas.

I merely tolerate coffee as an energy kick when I’m at my sleepiest. Every sip is like a punch in the mouth.

1 Like