Anti-crunch solidarity work

what exactly do you think should be done, then? i’m sick of this Let’s Not Bother approach!

1 Like

Based on what the actual game developers have said as these pieces come out? The most useful thing to do is signal boosting. Anything approaching a boycott is going to be both ineffective and would hurt the vulnerable workers the most since the bosses are always going to be paid first.

1 Like

so the best approach is for the media and for allies to take steps to actively promote stories about crunch and poor working conditions rather than blindly promoting the product? maybe the media could work on developing some type of crunch certification system and lead all articles on games which use unethical working practices with it? like that thing, i suggested, in the initial, post?

the idea that the media’s role is just ‘signal boosting’ seems absurd to me because they literally are the signal. also, vulnerable workers being hurt by activism is a red herring; they’re being hurt anyway, and if we do nothing, we’re complicit.

3 Likes

I still think that workers should just hoist their boss into the garbage and take over the workplace lol.

2 Likes

they might hurt their backs hoisting bosses into the garbage, also garbage workers have to carry that garbage away, please think about vulnerable workers before suggesting anyone do anything

3 Likes

A compelling argument! Status quo it is I guess.

1 Like