Anybody wanna try designing a TTRPG over the month of November?

I think I’ve gotten to a point that I like, where you add something to the map based on the card you draw (not quite sure what the numbers will be yet, maybe prompts):
:heart: = known features
:diamonds: = known lore
:spades: = unknown features
:clubs: = unknown lore
:black_joker: = anything + generation end

The person who draws the joker goes last, and after their turn, the next round will featured a new cast of students, some years after the others have gone.

This reminds me a lot of Inhuman Resources (found at https://robots.management/), which is, by all means, a good thing! This sounds awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely see how they have things in common and I think I’ll look at it to get some new ideas. Of course the main difference between the two is ours (since its a game I’m making with a friend) is a game about hiding the suspect more than anything which that game seems to specifically be avoiding.
I think I’ll try to convince some friends to play that game since it looks fun. Thanks for mentioning it!

2 Likes

Honestly it made me realise we need more games about not being snitches.

1 Like

I’m running out of steam, but for a couple of days I’ve been thinking fuck cards. Just turning it into a thing where each player can choose what they want to do: establish a known feature, establish known lore, discover a new feature, discover new lore, etc. Instead of advancing generations via cards, it’d be something like what The Skeletons does, where after a couple of rounds the group decides whether they want to continue with that generation or not. If so, they keep playing to a maximum number of rounds, revisiting the question at the end of each; if not, their current characters graduate, and the next generation starts. This also leaves some good spots for where the castle can be changed between generations.

2 Likes

I almost forgot! I did actually finish the playtest version of my Genesys supplement. I’ll try it out tomorrow with some colleagues.

Here’s the PDF if anyone’s curious. I’ve stripped down the rules to the bare minimum that’s needed, so no talents, no player equipment, no skills beyond what could be useful in vehicle combat.

Fingers crossed that this doesn’t totally suck! :smiley:

Edit: fixed the link!

3 Likes

Congratulations! (It looks like your link is broken, by the way!)

1 Like

I’ve got a playtest with some friends set up for next week, which is acting as the last bit of pressure I need to actually compile a document, and figure out my last mechanic, which is proving to be very difficult. I feel like I just need some time to sit on it and something will click, but it’s frustrating nonetheless.

1 Like

Love that two days after this ended I was reinspired on an old idea and bought three different games to eventually half understand and “springboard” ideas off of to make an espionage game.

2 Likes