Are video games... real?

As much as we like to theorize here on the forums, has anyone actually seen a video game in real life? I’ve always been skeptical, but many people I know have sighting stories.

look, I don’t want to alarm you or anything, but consider you might be in a video game

right

now

At what point is a game defined?

our definition is pretty clear cut:

1. press buttons
  2. collect gems
  3. online multiplayer
  4. marios in it

They used to be. You had to go to a store and the clerk would tell you how important insurance was and then you’d get a real video game that you could hold and smell and see and taste and all the other things that make it real. Now you just hand over your money over the internet and then they ask for more and you don’t even get to sniff the fake video game.

This is actually why they’re in the early stages of planning the Future Circular Collider—the LHC confirmed the existence of the Higgs boson, but a 27km accelerator simply isn’t large enough to test for the Games boson

I’ve made games and I’m still not convinced they exist.

They’re real and they’re spectacular.

Then none are real? As none meet that criteria, we are through the looking glass…

If you die in real life you die in video games :cry:

They’re real.

And they’ll steal your dog.

The only real game is Derek Jeter Real Baseball, although modders have used it to create “total conversions”, such as the popular Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, and Halo: Reach

Proof of the existence of games:

• Games are the greatest medium you can imagine

• Something that exists is better than something that doesn’t exist

• Therefore, games must exist

No idea, I just know there’s never been a better time to be a “gamer”.

I think that the only real video game according to these parameters is the latest Mario Party?
Fitting for a game of skill to also be The Only (Video) Game.

There are nazis and you can punch them. That’s just like video games.

I’m hoping I’ll wake up soon

How can games exist when all the gamers are dead?
:thinking:

How Can Video Games Be Real If Our Eyes Aren’t Real

What are you talking about? I’m not …
ooooh… I don’t feel so good…