Art Leak Suggests 'Resident Evil 3' Remake Is Very Real

I’ve never been a big RE fan. 4 was basically the first one I really loved and after that I liked 7 and the Revelations games but that was it.

RE2 Remake is my GOTY this year and RE3 Remake is by far my most anticipated game at this point. If they can pull off that magic again it’s going to be something special.

I do really hope that they either stop at REmake 3 or they completely re-imagine it. A visual upgrade and remixing the stages like they have with previous remakes would actually date the game more than the ubiquitous remasters. It would need to be a wholly different thing.

Resident Evil 3 is the only resident evil game I know absolutely nothing about, besides that there exists some weird monster called Nemesis, so I’m incredibly excited.

1 Like

RE3 remake out April 2020.

Gotta say… That was fast! Must have been in development alongside RE2.

Resident Evil 3 comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC beginning April 3rd, 2020! Return to Raccoon City as Jill Valentine escapes an unstoppable pursuer in this re-imagining of the survival horror classic.
🌿 https://t.co/wAFcSWPGjf pic.twitter.com/0aYyiUscWI

— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) December 10, 2019

I hope this is the case and they didn’t completely work the devs to the bone. Also I really hope they dont decide to use non union VAs again.

Was looking for an excuse to play through my game of the year again.

2 Likes

One of my favorite things about RE2MAKE is that it’s short enough to actually be replayable. I checked my playtime on Steam recently, and I was surprised to see I had only spent 13 hours with the game despite playing through it twice!

3 Likes

So I heard from Imran Khan, formerly of Game Informer, that RE2 and RE3 were being developed at the same time and were supposed to come out as a single package but it was too much work, so they separated them.

2 Likes

The gap between the RE2 and RE3 remakes is curiously not much different than the gap between the originals, as well. I don’t remember if those were developed alongside each other at the time, though.

That would have been a package. But I’m glad they came out seperately. Things about 2 they can definitely build upon for 3. Mr X was already a big threat but that Nemesis dude can sprint…

Hmm, if I didn’t have REmake 2 to look to, to know what to expect in terms of gameplay and graphics, this trailer would look rather meh imo. It looks like it was quickly taped together to have something for the reveal.

I know, I played through it three times! That’s unheard of for me.

Anyway I’m hyped for this, especially since it gets us one step closer to a remake of the game that needs one the most - Code: Veronica.

1 Like