Baldur's Gate 3 General Thread

Baldur’s Gate 3 has been “out” for about three weeks now, and I thought it would be fun to have a discussion thread as the game continues on its early access journey.

What kind of characters did you make? Who did you romance? Is there anything you really hope gets patched? How many times did the game crash? Why is Astarion so great? It all goes here.

And, yeah, there’s probably gonna be spoilers in here.

I haven’t made it all that far into the game myself, I’ve only just reached the camp where the goblins attack. I made a Halfling ranger, Riorik, who is very handsome.

Right off the bat, I really can’t stand this camera. It moves so awkwardly through the environment and I’m constantly forgetting that it doesn’t automatically move with your character. I know you can hold down the mouse to auto-run, but that doesn’t really feel like a satisfying solution. I think it might be a better idea to just ditch the traditional crpg framing and go with a proper third person perspective.

2 Likes

This is Rezza, Zariel Tiefling, Evocation Wizard.

I’ve also only gotten as far as trty0 above.

Toughest decision so far: Leaving Gale back at camp for the sake of having a balanced party rather than having a wonderful personality along for the ride.

I have not yet romanced, nor met The Person of My Dreams. That’s what I get for spending eight hours in the character creator but only a couple hours in-game, so far. Made a bunch of Dragonlance characters. Wish I could take them all with me.

I love the role-playing parts, I struggle with the combat parts. Sometimes in a good way. Though I’m not that much into puzzle games, and each encounter is a tactical Rubik’s Cube of death.
This game is basically Baldur’s Gate 3: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Quicksave.

2 Likes