Best artifical fruit flavor?

I’m a big fan of fake grape. Everyone tells me it reminds them of cough syrup but we were a cherry cough syrup house so I’m anti fake cherry (real cherries though are amazing).

2 Likes

Blue razz. It doesn’t even taste like raspberry, it’s its own sick artificial flavor and I love it for that.

5 Likes

Blind to brand, blue raspberry.

But some candies do certain flavours better. Jolly Rancher’s watermelon and Starburst’s strawberry are contenders. I like Hi-Chew’s green flavour.

5 Likes

i usually don’t like “normal” artificial raspberry, but raspberry coca cola is so so good.

Cherry, but specifically the Swedish Fish cherry

2 Likes

Artificial grape, and artificial banana.

1 Like

Artificial grape is a good all arounder! All the Laffy Taffy flavors are great! Grape and green apple Hi-Chews get points for kind of actually tasting like the fruit they claim to.

1 Like

Okay Sweedish Fish are my exception, I could destroy one of those multipound bags…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Swedish Fish are supposed to taste like lingonberry!

1 Like

I tried searching last night and the first result I saw was cherry, so I went with it, but digging deeper, I do see ligonberry has some claims to the throne too. Huh. I figure it has to be some sort of fruit flavor cause the other colors are distinctly fruit flavored, but maybe it’s just cool sugar flavor?

strawberry for me based purely on the candy wrapped in a strawberry shaped wrapper. personal weird candy favorite

3 Likes

This isn’t universal across all candies and all flavors. But Starburst is a pretty good guide. Let’s rank them:

1. Pink (???)
  2. Red (Cherry)
  3. Orange (Orange)
  4. Yellow (Lemon)

Theoretically this is based on an actual fruit flavor, but I have no idea what pink is actually supposed to be.

There’s a Canadian candy called Swedish Berries, and iirc are explicitly lingonberry flavored. They taste like Swedish Fish, so I got there with the transitive property :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Banana Runts, I’ll take no questions at this time.

2 Likes

The grandma candy! I know exactly what you’re talking about (also a candy favorite of mine)!

2 Likes

These are the hard candy version of gushers and I wish they had other flavors. Strawberry is good but what about grape or an orange?

Oof, they used to give us those at church when I was a kid. I hated them! That, plus all the baggage of being associated with church makes me repulsed just seeing those dopey strawberry wrappers!

1 Like

Blue. I know that they technically call it blue raspberry, but as much as I love the blue flavour, it’s not raspberry. It’s just blue.

1 Like

Gotta go with green apple, there’s usually a sourness that I really like

2 Likes

i’m not sure how true it is, but I feel like I’ve heard that the artificial banana flavor actually does taste like the banana strain it was based upon, but that type of banana is now extinct because of mono-culture farming.

1 Like