Best Boss Fight Theme Contest Round 4 Day 4

Just sayin’, early Yasunori Mitsuda is no mid-2000s Yuki Kajiura.

Day 7 Results

The Marvelous Duo (Mario & Luigi) over Boss Battle (Chrono Cross) 9-7
Hopes and Dreams + Save the World (Undertale) over Possessed by Disease (Nier: Automata) 13-4
Shadowlord (Nier) over Solaris Phase 2 (Sonic 2006) 10-6
Zero (Ace Combat Zero) over A Despair-filled Farewell (Shadow of the Colossus) 9-7

I continue to be baffled by some of the results of this contest.

Day 8 Matches

Moonstruck Blossom (Kirby Triple Deluxe) vs Megalovania (Undertale)

The Fall of the Final Enemy (Etrian Odyssey 4) vs In Circles (Transistor)

The Final Battle (Chrono Trigger) vs Konga Conga Kappa (Crypt of the Necrodancer)

Dragon Battle (Dragon’s Dogma) vs Bowser Battle (Super Mario Galaxy)

Vote here!

Dang, I went 1/4 on Day 7. At least Hopes & Dreams won.

Easy votes for Megalovania and The Final Battle. I want The Fall of the Final Enemy to win, but have accepted it will probably lose to Darren Korb’s magic.

Don’t really think either of the last two are good so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the incorrect result. Completely wrong. Bad.

i want moonstruck blossom to have made it further :pensive:

Nah. Don’t get me wrong, though, that was a ridiculously hard decision. I’m more surprised Mario & Luigi outdid the fantastic Chrono Cross base boss theme.

I think the Mario & Luigi track making it to round 3 is the most unexpected thing here. And people complain about Solaris Phase 2 having no variation.

Day 8 Results

Megalovania (Undertale) over Moonstruck Blossom (Kirby Triple Deluxe) 15-4
In Circles (Transistor) over The Fall of the Final Enemy (Etrian Odyssey 4) 15-3
The Final Battle (Chrono Trigger) over Konga Conga Kappa (Crypt of the Necrodancer) 10-9
Dragon Battle (Dragon’s Dogma) over Bowser Battle (Super Mario Galaxy) 10-7

Round 3 will start in a day or two.

I am shook by how barely The Final Battle edged out Konga Conga Kappa. I really like Konga Conga Kappa but The Final Battle feels like the epitome of boss music to me.

I’m just glad I managed to vote that day to contribute to The Final Battle making it out on top.

Redoing day 1 with non-broken links this time.

The link on Absolutetion seems to be wrong.

intro to champion red/blue is the best part of the song unfortunately

I completely forgot I had started round 3. I’m currently in the middle of moving out of my current apartment, so I’ll probably just put this contest on hold until after Christmas.

All good Skyridge. Good luck with the move.

Alright, time to get this thing rolling again. Redoing day 1 since it was forever ago and one of the links was broken:

Day 1 Matches

Champion Red & Blue Battle (Pokemon Sun/Moon) vs Baile Con La Mariposa (Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!)

Absolutetion (Crypt of the Necrodancer) vs Soaring Through the Melancholy Skies (Gurumin)

Vote here!

The survey says its already over even though it was posted 9 hours ago?

I just deleted the match then created brand new one. If you were one of the four people who already voted, please vote again.

Day 1 Results

Baile Con La Mariposa (Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!) over Champion Red & Blue Battle (Pokemon Sun/Moon) 9-5
Absolutetion (Crypt of the Necrodancer) over Soaring Through the Melancholy Skies (Gurumin) 8-6

Day 2 Matches

Make This Right (Furi) vs Abyss Watchers (Dark Souls 3)

Rivers in the Desert (Persona 5) vs Battle B2 (Shin Megami Tensei IV)

Vote here!

I think Rivers in the Desert and The Sun Rises are my only two horses left in this race…

Too bad, Battle B2. You’re great, but no Rivers.

Annnndddd Gwyn, Lord of Cinder is still the only Dark Souls song that is affecting outside of gameplay.