Best Boss Fight Theme Contest Round 4 Day 4

Day 10 Results

Never to Return (Pyre) over Twister-Remix (The World Ends With You), 10-9
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder (Dark Souls) over Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V), 14-6
Spicy Calamari Inkantation (Splatoon 2) over Dark Beast Ganon, Phase 1 (Zelda: Breath of the Wild), 13-5
It Has to Be This Way (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) over Garuda ~ Fallen Angel (Final Fantasy XIV), 16-4

What is it with the FFXIV songs getting unlucky first round matchups?

Day 11 Matches

The Other Promise (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Melissan Battle (Baldur’s Gate 2)
Hoist the Sword with Pride in the Heart (Etrian Odyssey 3) vs. Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)
Boss Battle (Mega Man 10) vs. Hepatica (Xenosaga Episode III)
Yell Dead Cell (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs. Battle with Magus (Chrono Trigger)

Vote here!

Hell yeah Spicy Calamari won!

I’ll be shocked if KHII doesn’t win this round, The Other Promise is probably the best track that franchise has ever produced.

Also voted Hoist the Sword over Dancing Mad fight me nerd

Hepatica takes a minute.

I should play Chrono Trigger again. I own enough copies of it at this point…

Day 11 Results

The Other Promise (Kingdom Hearts 2) over Melissan Battle (Baldur’s Gate 2), 10-3
Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI) over Hoist the Sword with Pride in the Heart (Etrian Odyssey 3), 9-6
Hepatica (Xenosaga Episode III) over Boss Battle (Mega Man 10), 8-7
Battle with Magus (Chrono Trigger) over Yell Dead Cell (Metal Gear Solid 2), 11-5

Day 12 Matches

Impossible (Transistor) vs. The Sun Rises (Okami)

Mid-Boss (Zelda: The Wind Waker) vs. Lakshmi ~ Beauty’s Wicked Wiles (FinalFantasy XIV)

The Oracle (Secret of Mana) vs. I’m My Own Master Now (Metal Gear Rising)

Tor (Iji) vs. Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower (Bloodborne)

Vote here!

Great match-ups this round!

Choice not to vote on the second category because both of those are …kinda awful. The WW theme there is one of the most forgettable tracks in the game, and the XIV track makes the English vocals part of the Chaos theme in Dissida look dignified in comparison.

Yeah I’m not feeling the Wind Waker or FFXIV tracks this time.

Also as much as I love MGR’s music The Oracle is fantastic.

Voting against that Secret of Mana song made me feel dirty.

Day 12 Results

The Sun Rises (Okami) over Impossible (Transistor), 13-6
Lakshmi ~ Beauty’s Wicked Wiles (FinalFantasy XIV) over Mid-Boss (Zelda: The Wind Waker), 9-8
I’m My Own Master Now (Metal Gear Rising) over The Oracle (Secret of Mana), 14-4
Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower (Bloodborne) over Tor (Iji), 13-6

Day 13 Matches

Bismarck ~ Woe that is Madness (Final Fantasy XIV) vs. Boss Battle (Chrono Cross)

The Marvelous Duo ~ Popple Battle (Mario & Luigi) vs. Final Battle (Zelda: Spirit Tracks)

Passionate Rhythm (Romancing Saga) vs. Possessed by Disease (Nier: Automata)

This Cannot Continue (Nier: Automata) vs. Hopes and Dreams + Save the World (Undertale)

Vote here!

Man, that Romancing SaGa track is laser focused to be exactly my shit. Even against the NieR: Automata OST. What the heck.

i was almost gonna vote for romancing saga cause its great and i wanted to give a non-nier song a chance but its up against my fave track of the game so SORRY

How could youuuuu

Why y’all making me vote for songs that I like a whole bunch against ones I like just a little bit more? This third match up hurts!

Edit: I hadn’t seen the fourth match-up & I’m broken.

3 and 4 are worse than expected. And as is the luck of the draw, the winners will meet in the next round, so only one shall survive.

Hey, I’m pretty upset about a fair number of the round 1 match ups too. I might come up with something else for some of the losers.

losers bracket??? good idea

Feeling sick. This is gonna go on hiatus for at least a day or two.

Get well soon!!

I just found out about this thread and now I’m currently Mad On The Internet™ that

• Heartache (Undertale) lost to Gurumin
  • Fierce Battle (Nocturne) lost to Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • Boss Fight 1 (Kid Icarus: Uprising) lost to Ace Combat 5
  • Revived Power (Shadow of the Colossus) lost to Shovel Knight
  • That Person’s Name Is (Bravely Default) lost to Bayonetta
  • Hoist The Sword With Pride In The Heart (Etrian Odyssey 3) lost to Final Fantasy VI (Yeah! I said it! Dancing Mad is overrated!)
  • Battle on the Big Bridge (FFV) lost to Dark Souls (though more mad that they had to meet in the first round)

Did you actually listen to the Shovel Knight song, cause it is - like the whole soundtrack, tbh - A Banger.

I can’t believe I didn’t nominate any Shovel Knight tracks and that The Defender is the only Shovel Knight representation in here when you have tracks like this, and even the best version of the God of War theme as boss fight themes.