Best Boss Fight Theme Contest Top 4 Day 2

There’s too much Final Fantasy and Pokemon in this tournament, as much as I love pokemons OST’s.

Edit: Okay, besides Decisive Battle, because daaaaaaaaaaamn that’s good.

The only one I didn’t like was the FFVIII one because I feel like I’ve heard it infinite times and wish it to be removed from my brain.

Hopefully Decisive Battle knocks out a Pokemon track because that is just way more complex and varied, it gels with me more. Coils of Light also surprised me.

revived power deserved better than the first bracket. Rest in peace my love.

The first match of today is really heartbreaking because it’s two of my favorite songs in the entire bracket.

gosh locus is a real :thinking::ok_hand:

Sorry about the delay again. Setting rounds to end at around 1am is bad for getting the next round up in time.

Day 8 Results

You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles) over Alexander ~ Locus (Final Fantasy XIV), 12-7
Force Your Way (Final Fantasy VIII) over Enemy (Deep Fear), 10-9
The Decisive Battle (Final Fantasy V) over Battle! Champion (Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal), 11-6
Coils of Light (Dragon’s Dogma) over To Make the End of Digging (Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure), 11-7

Of all the first round eliminations, I think Locus is the one I’m upset about the most. I know it got a rough draw, but I think it’s one of the more unique songs in the bracket.

Day 9 Matches

Bergentrückung + ASGORE (Undertale) vs. Ronald’s Theme (Pokemon Trading Card Game)

Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) vs. Final Battle (Shadow of the Colossus)

That Person’s Name Is (Bravely Default) vs. Battle for the Umbran Throne (Bayonetta)

Vitriolic a Stroke (Baten Kaitos) vs. EXEC_SPHILIA/ (Ar tonelico 2)

Vote here!

My child is in this group.

We’ll see how far they go.

adding locus to my building salty list along with revived power

God damn it two of my picks are fighting each other.

sorry baiten kaitos but i think im burnt out on that particular breed of jrpg boss theme by now

Pokemon is gonna get beat the fuck out here. Kind of a shame because Ronald’s Theme is boppin, but Asgore and the final boss theme of SotC is a death sentence.

Also, nice to see Ar Tonelico. The series is super skevy, but the music is absolutely masterful.

wording this

pokemon is going to get mauled out

That Bravely Default song is the most european power metal song I’ve heard in a game for a good long while. Just pure Rhapsody Of Fire worship.

Day 9 Results

Bergentrückung + ASGORE (Undertale) over Ronald’s Theme (Pokemon Trading Card Game), 15-2
Final Battle (Shadow of the Colossus) over Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum), 13-4
Battle for the Umbran Throne (Bayonetta) over That Person’s Name Is (Bravely Default), 12-6
EXEC_SPHILIA/ (Ar tonelico 2) over Vitriolic a Stroke (Baten Kaitos), 16-1

I’ll be honest, I was NOT expecting a result that lopsided for the last match.

Day 10 Matches

Never to Return (Pyre) vs. Twister-Remix (The World Ends With You)

Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) vs. Gwyn, Lord of Cinder (Dark Souls)

Dark Beast Ganon, Phase 1 (Zelda: Breath of the Wild) vs. Spicy Calamari Inkantation (Splatoon 2)

It Has to Be This Way (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) vs. Garuda ~ Fallen Angel (Final Fantasy XIV)

Vote here!

I’m super curious to see how match 1 for day 10 ends up leaning. Personally I can’t see how Pyre would lose, but I also have all of the context that goes with Never to Return in my head, and the TWEWY soundtrack is stylin’ as all hell.

I could see these all being close.

I’ve giving it to Pyre without context, it’s a real good song on it’s own.

TWEWY, Dark Souls, MGR. Dirt easy decisions this time around. I mean the other choices were all great, but those three kind of just knock everyone else out of the park battle music wise. Gave it to Splatoon 2 for having the funky edge.

Man, that Bravely Default track deserved better…

I just realized I’ve been forgetting to change the thread title.