Maple Valley! That’s a random and awesome favorite track. I think my favorite track was Spa, but that was added in Forza 5
Always my answer to “What game would you add the Nemesis System to?”
This video makes me realize that the couple times I tried playing Episode 1 Racer, I was definitely doing something wrong. I remember thinking it felt really sedate compared to everyone saying how fast it was.
I remember this game, it was so good. Me and my friends recently played through it all and i would 100% a game like this would be awesome with a “Nemesis System”
I have in my heart a WipEout-shaped hole. I keep hoping that one day Sony will bring the series back, but for now the Omega Collection on PS4 is the closest we’ll get.
Pretty much any Wipeout game is the best racing game in my mind, but the peak of the series was Wipeout Pure on PSP.
I came in to make this suggestion too. My favorite part is how varied and silly the roster is, particularly on the Steam/PC version. It takes full* advantage of classic Sega’s back catalog, modern Sega’s diverse portfolio, and some honestly baffling wild cards. Characters include, but are not limited to:
- Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Eggman (obviously)
- Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
- Alex Kidd
- Ryo Hazuki driving an Outrun arcade machine instead of a car (Shenmue, DLC)
- A guy in a suit driving a soccer ball themed car (Football Manager, PC only)
- General Winter in a tank (Company of Heroes 2, PC only)
- Danica Patrick for some reason (complete with Hot Wheels and GoDaddy sponsor logos)
- MeeMee and AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)
- BD Joe (Crazy Taxi)
- Wreck-It Ralph
- A VMU that turns into a Dreamcast controller, a car (Hornet) from Daytona USA, and a Northrop Grunman licensed F-14 Tomcat
- A samurai dude and a Roman soldier (Shogun: Total War and Rome: Total War, respectively, PC only)
- Spy, Pyro, and Heavy (Team Fortress 2, PC only)
*The only other additional characters I’d hope for in a hypothetical sequel would be Kiryu/Majima (Yakuza), Grimgor Ironhide (Total War: Warhammer), and/or Gabriel Angelos (WH40K Dawn of War)
Outrun 2 is one of the best driving games. Ridge Racer 4 is my favorite racing game. they’re both about hitting curves and improving your times more than sim or competitive aspects tho
oh yeah and I second All Stars Transformed. it’s just straight up one of the best kart racers ever made
Personally I want some Valkyria Chronicles characters. There are even iconic tanks and planes from the game to use.
I’m just here to fucking scream about BEETLE ADVENTURE RACING
I have a soft spot for midnight club los angeles, it was really relaxing to just drive through the city
Shift 2 is one of my favourites.