Bethesda - E3 2019 Official Thread

Welcome to the Waypoint Forum’s discussion of E3 2019. This is the official thread for talk about the Bethesda press conference and the games discussed and announced during that press conference. It can also contain discussion of further coverage of those games or companies that appears in later days. We want to contain overlap and multiple threads so please contain all discussion of Bethesda to this thread.
Thank you.

Link to conference stream: Twitch || Mixer || Youtube

1 Like

I am expecting a very light show out of Bethesda this year. Five ongoing titles:

1. The Elder Scrolls Online
  2. The Elder Scrolls: Blades
  3. The Elder Scrolls: Legends
  4. Quake Champions (I think it’s still a thing?)
  5. Fallout 76
    and two forthcoming titles to talk about:
  6. Wolfenstein: Youngblood
  7. Doom: Eternal
    Beyond that, if we suppose for a moment that neither Starfield nor ESVI are going to be anywhere to be found this year, does Bethesda have anything else on the docket?

I do wonder if they are going to be as smug as they were last year, what with how shaky their releases have been so far this year and how Fallout 76 was received.

Last year they were so unbearably smug about everything and I just can’t see them being as selfsatisfied this year.

1 Like

Still sort of hoping for a Fallout game from Arkane, but also I’m hoping for any game from Arkane.

1 Like

What if it’s an Elder Scrolls game from Arcane where your elemental powers can mix?

I think leaks have said that 2 ips will be announced. I think one is by shinji mikami and the evil within team I think?

Todd Howard was SKY HIGH on the smell of his own farts last year that I cannot wait to watch this and hopefully see some humble pie eating

Come on, Todd. Give the people what they want.

WET 2.

5 Likes

Wolfenstein: Youngblood, “Okay but hear us out; in this universe the FBI is a good thing.”

Also:

Prey 2: No, it’s still not that one.

2 Likes

Last I heard of Arkane, they are “prototyping.” It’s possible that the Dishonored team might be ready with a little taste of what they’re cooking, but I don’t see any reason to let that particular horse out of the barn just yet.

I think it was gamesradar which had a pedantic interpretation of Todd Howard saying they aren’t talking about TES6 and Starfield at E3 this year - they pointed out he said not talking, he never said anything about not showing. Not getting my hopes up though.

I’m hoping for new stuff from Arkane and Shinji Mikami’s team, but I also hope there is little to no fallout because I am so very sick of fallout. Lets have a ten year break from fallout please.

Honestly Bethesda publishes awesome stuff but I have never liked any of their in-house games. The stuff they publish is always of a wildly higher quality somehow.

Is this the place where we yell at Todd?

I find it hard to believe that Todd Howard is going to get anywhere near Bethesda’s stage this year after continuously immolating his credibility like he has been. I imagine the Fallout 76 segment will be handled by whoever drew the short straw to be Community Manager. Todd will be back to bust out the Howard Hypnosis when Starfield takes center stage (next year).

I hope they didn’t take away ESO lady’s pass to this.

Opening with Todd talking about FO76 sure is a choice

They’re just shuffling further and further down the chain, making people take more and more of the blame and pressure to impress, till an intern needs to make everyone hyped for Rage 2 or he will literally be thrown under the bus.

Yikes on bikes Todd Howard.

Battle royale, huh?

Please no. Please. Stop.

2 Likes

People in this audience are way too excited for a fall out 76 battle royale

1 Like