Bob Ross Is Coming to Magic: The Gathering

Bob Ross, the painter who calmed and delighted America throughout the 1980s, is coming to the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering. Wizards of the Coast (WotC), Magic’s publisher, has partnered with the Ross estate for a limited edition set called Happy Little Gathering. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/93wag8/bob-ross-is-coming-to-magic-the-gathering

This is better than most of the other Secret Lair decisions they’ve made this year.

i’m just starting to get really into magic for the first time in my life. i had no idea they did weird little crossover things like this, kinda neat.

i dabbled in magic as a kid in the mid 90s (ice-age era?) but never understood it fully. i’m really enjoying it now. the vibe of the game seems to have changed considerably over the years, which makes sense… back then i remember it being pretty strictly fantasy or dark-leaning fantasy… it seems to have gone in a more lighthearted direction with time. my wife has a deck full of dogs? at least one of which wears a cape. and now bob ross.

Wish I lived in the timeline where Bob Ross was coming to Netrunner instead.

4 Likes

I read this headline and fully, 100% thought it meant that Bob Ross was going to be a creature card

4 Likes

3GWU Legendary Creature - Human Artist

When Bob Ross enters the battlefield, search your library for a Forest card, add it to your hand, and shuffle your library.

When a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, tap target creature your opponent controls. It doesn’t untap during your opponent’s next untap set.

1 Like

Just wait for the next Unglued sequel set.

1 Like