Bush's Press Secretary Bought His Kid a Fake PS4 Controller, Blames China

As Republicans attempt to deflect blame from the Trump administration’s demonstrable incompetence in the early days of the COVID-19 outbreak, and the malicious negligence and privateering of its crisis response, they have returned like homing pigeons to their favorite roost: aggrieved xenophobia. After some early attempts to blame the uniquely American Covid-19 crisis on China,Trump and his allies have resumed this line of attack, this time via Chinese influence over the World Health Organization.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjdyyd/ari-fleischer-fake-ps4-dualshock-controller

Ari knows where the real PS4 controllers are. They’re in the area around Sony and east, west, south and north somewhat.

1 Like

Genuinely surprised that the conservative grift doesn’t pay well enough for him to spring for official controllers.

5 Likes

Right? My thought to myself was “shameless propagandist and also a cheapskate.” Never before has one person combined “racist grandpa” and “grandma who disappointed her grandkids by buying a $20 Wal-Mart game console” energy in one tweet.

12 Likes

I have to imagine the official, Sony-manufactured Dualshocks are also made in China (or at least assembled in China, with parts from various countries).