California Sues Activision Blizzard for Being 'Breeding Ground for Harassment'

Video game giant Activision Blizzard is being sued by the state of California for allegedly fostering a "frat boy" culture that led to years of sexual harassment and abuse, according to a complaint filed Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jg8ag4/state-sues-activision-blizzard-for-being-breeding-ground-for-harassment
2 Likes

The accusations in this complaint are incredibly hard to read. Blizzard’s response to questions are also shocking:

“They were required by law to adequately investigate and to have good faith discussions with us to better understand and to resolve any claims or concerns before going to litigation, but they failed to do so.”

and

“Activision Blizzard also said it was “sickened” that the Department of Fair Employment and Housing included the suicide of the employee in the complaint. “It is this type of irresponsible behavior from unaccountable State bureaucrats that are driving many of the State’s best businesses out of California,” the company said.”

Just get the absolute fuck out of here with that garbage. I understand that you should not comment on ongoing legal affairs, but these comments are so fucking cold.

20 Likes

The article doesn’t have a CW on it but great googly moogly CONTENT WARNING: racism, sexism, a million different kinds of sexual misconduct, suicide

9 Likes

Congratulations, Blizzard, you’ve somehow managed to out-horrible Riot. Jesus Christ, these details are horrifying.

1 Like

fuck this company forever

5 Likes

Another year, another horrific report of abuse. What always gets me is how it’s often done out in the open, with multiple witnesses and spread over many years. Yet perpetrators walk free and victims are turned away. All across (and beyond) the gaming industry.

Hope B/A eats shit and the suit goes through successfully for the victims.

4 Likes

yyyyyeah oof so long blizzard i ain’t playing your games no more

oops

5 Likes

Reading this guy cite Gloria Steinem as an inspiration is so… scummy. Both because I don’t believe the President of Blizzard was unaware of what was happening, and because Steinem is basically the most Feminist 101 person to say you like when you don’t read much feminist theory.

2 Likes

This just cam across my timeline. Just listen to how smug and condescending these motherfuckers are to a legitimate critique.

Burn it to the ground.

1 Like