Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Thread

I love “old” media. Because you get to waste two paragraphs at the opening of all pieces just to relitigate to nobody that games actually can be art but don’t worry, this author is still way too cool for them.

1 Like

Isn’t it like pretty much common knowledge that Reagan was checked out by at least the back half of his presidency?

Is Call of Duty: Black Ops Drone Commander (2042) going to have Obama as a wisecracking legend and Trump as a macho alpha calling the shots?

Does this count as Call of Duty Lore Reasons?

3 Likes

A little mind bleach for anyone unfortunate enough to read that awful WaPo article. I do love the one commenter holding the line that the game is apolitical. Truly an inspiration, that one.

2 Likes

That was a really enjoyable stream in spite of the technical difficulties. I hope these are springboards for Waypoint to get back into streaming. I particularly liked the discussion around William F. Buckley which reminded me of, I think, Alex Nichols who argued that conservative publications like the National Review and the Daily Mail really have to fold and rebrand fairly regularly if they want to maintain the fig leaf of plausible deniability as they’re inevitably going to be on the wrong side of history and it takes a minimum amount of effort to take their current opposition to progressive trends and support for reactionary forces and compare it with their opposition to desegregation in the former’s case and support for the Nazis in the latter.

Did anyone catch the name of the book about the CIA that Perlstein mentioned?

1 Like

I’d also like to know this.

I hope it isn’t Annie Jacobson because her work is VERY flawed.