City Shrouded in Shadow: survive a city attack by Godzilla, Ultraman, Evangelion, and Gamera

So the developers of Disaster Report are developing a survival RPG where you survive a city under attack by a variety of kaiju, They revealed a teaser before, but there’s been a substantial amount of new info released. They’ve confirmed the presence of Godzilla, King Ghidorah two Ultramen, EVA Unit 01, the Fourth Angel, and Gamera. The hook, of course, is that you see all of this from the human perspective.

It’s admittedly looking like a bit of a lower budget title, and I imagine it’ll carry on the spirit of the very PS2 design of the Disaster Report games, but it’s definitely an interesting premise. I’m excited to see what it becomes, but it also sounds like a licensing nightmare so I doubt it’ll get a localized release. Then again they took a shot at that Godzilla PS4 game and Gundam Vs, so maybe I’m underestimating their dedication to filling in a niche.

Any thoughts?

I sincerely wish them the best of luck getting Tsubaraya, Toho, AND Toei* to sign off on licensing for the west.

*that’s definitely a zaku in the last teaser image, right

I don’t even know who has the distribution rights to those properties here, which I assume theyll have to get as well.

people are speculating that it’s a mech from Platabor? I haven’t seen it so I can’t say

That sounds like a fun time. Disaster Report had that great b-game quality that we don’t get enough of today.

This is a fantastic premise, and I hope they’re able to work out licencing for a stateside release. Ideally, it’d be great to see WB & Legendary toss a boatload of cash at this to fit within their Kong/Godzilla ‘MonsterVerse’.

I have dreamed of a game like this for years but sadly it seems that the budget is not really there to make it really robust perhaps? But i still have hope, even though it might never be released over in west.

This is an immediate import for me. This is kind of the Kaiju game I’ve been dreaming of for years.

Not being able to read anything on screen will just add to my immersion as the tourist trying to survive this horrible thing.

PS2 Disaster Report games?

They’re still making those. Disaster Report 4 is in the works right now, and it’ll have a PSVR mode.

Yeah, there’s an Eva. Okay. Cool. But can you turn humanity into tang?