Community Subterfuge Game - Join Us!

Hi, I figured with the renewed talk about subterfuge on the 72 hour stream and probably on podcasts over the next while, it would be a good time to start a game of my own and see if anyone in the community wanted to join in. We had a couple of games started on the discord near the start of the year in which I had a really good time and I’d love to get another game going. If anyone is interested, the link to join the game is here, just open that link of a device that has subterfuge installed and you should join the game.

If there are any people who haven’t played before that are considering joining I’d ask that you please play through the tactical puzzles because I think they do a great job of showing how the game works on a basic level and explaining how things can get more complicated and interesting later on. If you have any questions or don’t understand anything feel free to ask me and I’ll try to help. I’d also like to emphasise that what people say about the game being stressful can definitely be true but I think the need to constantly be looking at it is a bit overblown, not looking at the game for a day will usually be completely fine, so long as you make use of the ability to queue future moves a bit.

The game I’ve created is private and has 8 spaces left so it won’t start until it’s full or I’ll start it around Sunday, if we get another few people. I hope some folks here will join us and I’ll see you under the sea!

a thrilling idea! i don’t think i’ll be able to join this time because it’s just not a good time for me to start playing an intense strategy game i’ve never played before (i’ve got some work i need to focus on…) but i’d definitely be interested in joining at a later date if more games are made 0:

good luck to all the current players!

Well that filled up a lot quicker than I expected, we have a full 10 players now and the game has started!

Just based on how quickly we got a full crew together it seems like there’s plenty of interest here at the minute, if someone else wants to start a second game you might get a full 10 players too. I’m not sure if I’m capable of two games at once, but based on past experience I’ll probably come out of the current one excited for another, so keep an eye on this thread if you didn’t get in to the game but you would like to and there might be another game to join either from me or from someone else.

Hello! I’m not very active on the forums but Kiwi pointed me to this thread from the Discord server. I’m trying to fill a ten player game I’m running for the other gaming group I’m in. We’re three players short of the ten.

We’re relative newbies at Subterfuge so don’t be scared by us please! To entice people to join, here is the image header I created for the game.

Since I’d like to hold the slots open for the players who have already signed up, please reply to this message or DM me and I’ll send the link for the game then.

I’ve only played Subterfuge once and I’m thinking of diving into a new match so i would love to join!

Great, thanks for joining us and welcome aboard! I’ll DM the game link to you.

I have never played before and would like to be massively owned :slight_smile: Hook me up!

Gasp! We get to play with Witch, heck to the yeah! Will DM the link pronto

Hi Zero I’d love to play!

I like:

• Secrets
  • Drilling for sea metals
  • Long expeditions parallel to the beach

Hi Tolinky. Kiwi asked for the last open spot. The game still hasn’t started because of the time zones involved so there is a possibility our last player might back out. I’ll let you know if a spot opens.

Thanks for your interest! Grouping up on the forums was easier than I expected! Maybe next time I run a Subterfuge game I’ll ask around here abouts.

That’s okay! I actually bought the ability to make games myself a few days ago but my friends were busy. Any rogue submariners wanting to help an old sea dog feel better about his poor impulse control? Join me here! http://subterfuge-game.com/play.php?118866-c2b489b962e9a53971a433e20e866dcc

I’m willing to give it a shot, but looks like we’re a fair bit away from a complete game…

Aye I’ve been sitting in this lobby by my lonesome for the past few days but thankfully subterfuge just lets you keep the lobby open until it’s full. Still 8 slots left!

I might suggest making a new topic for it, maybe in #games:forum-games? Folks may come in and not see additional games further down in the topic.

A particularly enterprising poster could well set something up like a directory & edit their OP to reflect which games still need players – but one-off topics would work just as well if that isn’t ready.

It’s been about a week since the second game was posted here, and more than that for the first, so I’m a little curious as to how your games turned out. Hopefully you didn’t have any problems as bad as what austin and rob ran into, but did things actually manage to go smoothly? and did any of you end up discussing limits and boundaries outside the game, like discussed in the 199 podcast?