Continuing an old series after it ended

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card just started up and it pretty nice episode with Sakura enjoying her new Middle school life, getting back together with her boyfriend Syaoran, and now facing a new threat that’ll upset the balance of magic. It a pretty enjoyable episode but at the back of my mind, I can’t help but think that did we really needed to see Sakura again after all the troubles she went through to getting all of the magical cards? Do we really need sequels to series that ended long ago.

I am SO excited about new cardcaptor sakura so I’m firmly on the side of: yes we absolutely do need this sequel

edit to speak more generally: I don’t know! I think if you’ve got a good story to tell reviving an old series works fine. everyone loved toy story 3, right?

I don’t have an opinion on Card Captor Sakura but I’m happy Dragonball is getting new content after all these years.

On the other hand I never bothered to watch any of the new Futurama episodes after that series came back. I’m not sure if they are good or not; I just had already moved on and no longer had an interest. Maybe the secret is wait a really long time before bringing the thing back.