'Cook, Serve, Delicious 3' Has the Right Recipe for a Distractible Mind

Cook, Serve, Delicious 3 is only so much fun for me because it's so stressful. When I play the fast paced restaurant management game, I need to devote all of my brain power to the thing it asks of me—filling my holding stations, taking orders, pressing the corresponding keys to cook my dishes correctly and quickly, keeping an eye on all my timers so nothing burns. It reminds me of the way I used to shut out all distractions when I read as a child, to the frustrations of my mom who would call me for dinner over and over. I just couldn't hear her because I was concentrating so hard.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/epgadz/cook-serve-delicious-3-has-the-right-recipe-for-a-distractible-mind
3 Likes

Great article. Glad to hear you’re getting the help you need with your ADHD! Makes me wish it wasn’t $1500 here to do the test for it and that I had my old psychiatrist who was getting me help to get through the process of getting it covered but I had to stop seeing because I was no longer a student and now my new psychiatrist won’t even humour the idea of me having it despite having nearly every symptom but I have no idea where to even start looking for a new one and my anxiety and depression are in a good spot right now medically and I don’t want to risk just jumping to a worse psychiatrist that will throw that all out of whack.

Drink4

But I digress. The CSD series has always been a wonderful tool to just get in the zone to for a few hectic in game days and then walk away before the anxiety takes over, feeling slightly tired but relieved and loose.

1 Like