Cyberpunk 2077's Dystopian Cities Are Already Here

Night City, the sprawling setting for Cyberpunk 2077, is meant to depict a dystopian vision of California. The steel and concrete monster rests along the Pacific coast in the center of the state, about 4-6 hours outside of Los Angeles depending on traffic. With its swaying palm trees and big blue sky, Night City may seem like it’s a pure invention of California. But I've already been to a place that looks and feels a lot like Night City, but it’s in Texas. Dallas in particular, is the city I can't help but think about as I drive through Cyberpunk 2077.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/88amav/cyberpunk-2077s-dystopian-cities-are-already-here

Reminds me of Halt and Catch Fire.

I wondered why all the tech companies of the 80s started in Dallas, then went OH as I thought about it more.

1 Like

The Cowboys are the team this city deserves. They’re molded in the city’s shape.

They also have Luka Doncic and the Mavs, and boy is that team too good for the hellscape painted by this article!

1 Like