Destiny 2, It's Like Destiny, But With A 2 At The End [Megathread]

It’s time to get excited!

Can’t get excited for another 7 days, when the PC beta arrives.

I’m not seeking out spoilers, but I’ve seen bits and pieces of the material that has come out over the past day, and it’s safe to say my hype level is quite close to redline.

Well this really sucks:

Thanks to Wracketeer for bringing it to my attention

Is this something that’s done for performance? Reducing latency?

Not sure but I assume it has something to do with that

Primarily netcode, yea, although in this case I wonder if it might be a Bnet limitation in some capacity since I believe all of the games on that service do this.

Only makes sense if they’re planning on having a competitive ranked/ladder mode in PvP, at which point they would need to separate regions, especially given the inexplicable absence of dedicated servers.

I sure hope this description is just a technicality, and you’ll still be able to switch regions on the same character, or at least let clan members play with each other region free.
I don’t understand the decision, especially since they can prevent cross region players from populating the world and hub but let you jump in via invited co-op and matchmaking. (if latency is the issue)

We’ll see how it works out with the Beta I hope

Battlenet has always had this limitation on regions. I imagine it’s a luxury Blizzard has been able to afford because they’ve always had a huge playerbase no matter what. I imagine (or hope) D2 will work like Overwatch where your unlocks are kept between regions, but it’s going to be a hassle to find groups if you have to log out and switch your region to join a raid team.

Also just saying that the NPC quest giver guy in the Earth area has No Land Beyond and I hope I can kill him and take it so that I can actually have fun in the crucible again.

That’s great, frankly I didn’t even know about that before I was well into my second character, and then it felt so arbitrary to have to go in and equip guns and armour you don’t even use just to get a better drop.

Hey has anyone thought to make Waypoint Clan for D2 yet? I’ve searched but haven’t found anything. If not I’ll fire one up today.

Edit: On PC.

I didn’t realise the clan stuff was up yet. Certainly seemed to be not there for the console betas and I didn’t think it would be up now (with the PC beta just starting).

Edit: I should have looked before typing. It does appear the Clan website is open for creating D2 clans - although I assume the beta will be similarly lacking for in-game support.

I’ve got some time today. I’ll get one started. Taking advice on names for the next hour and then I’ll make a new thread with all the info for folks who want to join.

Yep, a clan exists. Friends at the Tower [FATT], Owls in the Barn [OWLS], Friends at the Farm [FARM] and Popplio Pals [PALS], Destiny clans for fans of Waypoint

The instructions don’t mention PC but that’s because this was before the PC version was announced.

Beat me to it.
Best everyone knows so we don’t end up with 12 different Waypoint clans.
The clan is there for PC too, more information in the more recent posts.

Great thanks a lot!

Ah, so the clans will continue through to the new game with all the added features they’re adding to them, it’s not new clans (also that search page seems to just not work for me, like at all, no results for anything). Good to know. (Edit: again, typed before searching - looks like Groups got converted to Clans and that’s all just been done now but wasn’t there for the console beta period.)

*waves to all the other PC beta players about to jump in*