Devolver's Upcoming Games Got Lost in its Explosive E3 Parody

As one of the biggest indie publishers around, it could have put parody aside for better promotion.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/devolvers-upcoming-games-got-lost-in-its-explosive-e3-parody

As a ‘thing’ this presentation was pretty great. As a way to learn about Devolver games, it was total shit. I had no idea which games were real and which were fake.

I had never heard of devolver and now they’re on my radar as a company that does interesting things. I visited their website because of it

There were a lot of jokes that fell flat but they got several good laughs out of me and it was worth watching imo

I think that’s the disconnect for Waypoint and those of us on forums like these. There’s a gap between hardcore audiences and gamers that don’t know anything about Devolver or indie games in general. It seems like this was made for the latter.

As a conference, it was pretty bad
As performance art, it was transcendent

I thought it was hilarious and showed up how toe curling I find the big presentations to be now. I watch them and I keep feeling I’m going to be asked to buy a time share at the end.