Digital Combat Simulator

Anyone else into military flight sims?

I’ve owned multiple since I was a kid (notably falcon 4.0), but in the past few months I’ve been getting into DCS a lot more. currently I have the Mig-21, A-10c, F-5e, and I just bought the M-2000c module. Got a CH Products hotas for really cheap from the goodwill online store. Tried building a DIY headtracker but calibration has been such a hassle I’ve kind of given up on it. I’m far from an expert on any of the modules I own yet, but I’m learning them slowly but surely.

1 Like

no one?

hangs head, picks up ball, and walks back home

M-2000c modules, eh? Sounds like some hardcore stuff. I’m not into flight sims myself I’m afraid, though I do enjoy Elite. At this point I would think it is probably more worthwhile to shell out on a VR headset and get the full cockpit experience than try to recreate a physical cockpit, but I would be interested to hear how a flight sim enthusiast feels about that stuff.

I am definitely interested but I have never jumped in.

I feel like learning the ins and outs of some aircraft might be very satisfying.

I’ve just recently gotten back into Falcon BMS since the 4.34 update last month. I realize the thread title is DCS, but the intro post seems to be about combat flight sims in general. Despite being a mod of a 1998 game, BMS is in pretty great shape these days, and Falcon 4.0 only costs about five bucks v. the 60+ for a DCS aircraft.

I guess that this thread being from 2017 says there aren’t too many DCS people here though.

Only one I ever had any experience with was il-2 1946. Haven’t played in a while and when I did it was in a very arcade like fashion