Discover Little Stories in This Dreamlike Game

'Konbini' is a tiny game about details: the drinks you crave, the high score on the arcade machine, the conversation outside.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/discover-little-stories-in-this-dreamlike-game

The thoughtfulness and sentimentality of the author really comes through. I enjoy attempts to endow a place with the stories that occur there. I recently saw an art exhibit where a student painted a few items of their dorm-room white and then covered them in writing with sharpie in order to record the thoughts that occurred near the object. They ranged from K-pop lyrics to immediate frustrations with friends who were late (or whatever). Then a full room-setting of these was placed together and it was a pretty great attempt to express some sort of ghost of place (even though it was in a gallery rather than in their dorm-room).
I got a similar sense from this. I feel nostalgic about places like this and my experiences in them. Commercial-spaces especially tend to be dismissed as pure utility, but they can’t help but capacitate this type of romance if the right person comes across it. And it’s nice that they had the will to express it!