I’d be lying if I said I don’t want more of what Inquisition gave us. I have spent 860 hours and counting on that game. Here are a few points that I would like to see: (ETA: a lot of this is spoiler-ish for Trespasser/what people working for Bioware have hinted at):
- slams hands on table Tevinter! Tevinter!
- Maevaris Tilani being an important character, but only if written and treated respectfully (come on, Bioware, you gotta get it right at least once).
- Well written new characters.
- Meaningful cameos by established characters. (Emphasis on meaningful. Not another “Morrigan as advisor on elven lore”.)
- Honestly for my personal tastes the combat can stay the same, because I am not interested in the tactics as they were in da:o, but I’d like the return of a healing spell maybe?
- The crafting system was needlessly convoluted, but since I do expect that Bioware is going to double down on crafting at least make that system better. Make it easier to compare new armor to the armor you already own, and let me add attachments to weapons and armor in the same place as where I am creating the armor in the first place. (I really did like the custom-ish armor coloring options!)
Let me punch Solas in the face.
(Worst case but not 100% out of the question scenario of course is Bioware getting fridged and this game will never get made.)