EA Play @ E3 2018 Official Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Waypoint Forum’s discussion of E3 2018. This is the official thread for talk about the EA press conference and the games discussed and announced during that press conference. It can also contain discussion of further coverage of those games or companies that appears in later days. We want to contain overlap and multiple threads so please contain all discussion of EA to this thread.
Thank you.

Link to conference stream: www.twitch.tv/ea

Schedule of all conferences:

It looks like Unraveled 2 leaked ahead of the conference:

Surprised this is getting a sequel based on the muted release of the first one but i’m glad this team is getting more work. The game is really cute.

I wonder if we’ll get any Dragon Age info?

Ok so EAs conferences are always kind of trainwrecks but they’ve had the best kinetic backgrounds for their stages the last few years.

I bet their stage is gonna look awesome.

i’m expecting the first big info dump about Anthem, not necessarily gameplay footage but definitely some info on what the hell that thing is

I’m hoping the mythical Madden PC release is announced? That could possibly be the most exciting thing for me.

Also looking forward to lots of “we love the ‘passion’ of our fans”

EDIT: And let me see those GAME CHANGERS again!

Unless they create an awesome new IP, I can’t see myself getting excited for anything other than Skate 4, NBA Street or SSX.

Games with 'tude or GTFO. (Not the game called GTFO)

The Star Wars Battlefront team have been teasing some news for this conference, so I’ll be curious to see what that ends up being. I’m probably among the few people left who could get excited at a Battlefront 2 announcement (especially if it’s clone wars related).

if it’s still on sale after the conference i might pick it up if they announce some cool stuff

Looking forward to catching up on my shoutcasters and influencers this year!

But in more serious speculation, I wonder if we’re going to hear a lot about EA Access/Origin. That seems like a service that has been ticking along but now sees higher competition from MS pushing Xbox Game Pass (and presumably any change to PlayStation would get announced during the Sony conference as they’d want “credit” for allowing it). Maybe they want to really push it (every game talked about noted to be coming to the service, every game release date noting the earlier access, every beta exclusive to the service preview programme) or just ignore it and allow the game library to sell it.

So, are we going to cringe through some self-deprecating jokes about loot boxes or are they going to go heavy corporate on that and either say absolutely nothing or pretend it hasn’t completely blown up in their faces since their last E3 conference?

Based on their initial response I really can only imagine either a snarky response to how ridiculous they found it all, or complete silence.

I am looking forward to Anthem

I still want Dragon Age info, but I am willing to get down with a new Bioware IP

Not to be a party pooper, but this feels like such fetishization of war. I guess that’s the point. Bah humbug.

I want a full Vince Staples album produced by Hanz Zimmer.

It’s a very pervasive concept that gets frequently ignored, critically, in lieu of praising the SIck Gunfeel And Destructible Environments. Take a huge dump on this party. These games can get fucked.

Yea, the whole “we want to honor the heroes who shaped the world” attitude rings hollow to me.

They want to make some good explosions and shit. I just wish they’d be honest about it.

Have the announced anything exciting? I’m at work so I can’t watch.

Respawn’s Star Wars game is called Jedi Fallen Order and is set between Ep. 3 and 4 with the Jedi being hunted down.

Who played Unravel, was it good? This new one looks fun.

EDIT: What is this man saying?! A Way Out was not as universally loved as he seems to think.