Eating a Toad is vegan

Toad = fungus = ethical

Change my mind dorks.

Pictured: Dinner

Isn’t the mushroom part a hat tho

Recent scientific discoveries suggest that our planet’s terrestrial flora are all connected by a pseudo-neural network composed of fungi, through which nutrients and, surprisingly, information are passed to other plants on the network. Therefore, consumption of Toads amounts to eating the internet. vegans = technovores

You’re gonna sit there and watch that round little bun get put in some stir fry???

what about goomba

Counterpoint: Mushrooms are the meat of vegetables. Mushrooms are people. Eating mushrooms isn’t vegan.

I ate the internet once. Didn’t poop for a week.

i will grant you that mushrooms are indeed meat, but i will not stand for the baseless assertion that they are ‘people’. have you LISTENED to a toad person thing?? at most they are rodents

Toadette and Toadsworth seem pretty put-together? And who would deny our dear Captain Toad personhood!

The Veggie Tales cast is cute, but that doesn’t stop me from eating tomatoes. Check and mate.

i am very conflicted. on one hand, i love rats. on the other, putting a mustache/bonnet or whatever on a rat doesnt make it a perso- hang on

Ewww, keep that shit off my (cashew cheese) pizza!

But if you were in the Veggie Tales universe, where every veggie is a person, then you probably wouldn’t. The real test here is to find evidence of mushrooms that aren’t people in the mushroom kingdom. Keep in mind, power-up mushrooms DO have eyes.

Pretty sure potatoes have eyes in the real world. Are you gonna tell me taters are people?!

the bouncy ones

468px-Mushroom_Kingdom_Coins_20-22

NEXT!!!

Alright, well where do we stand on Mushroom Kingdom clouds, then?

Dawg, I blow sick Mushroom Kingdom clouds.

i am cloud-agnostic

EDIT: i would eat cloud

My policy is not to eat anything capable of carrying a conversation with me, regardless of whether its animal or vegetable. If a turnip started talking to me, I wouldn’t eat that turnip.

I’ve seen the toad carrying a vegetable and then throwing said vegetable before. Does this make him different from other vegetables or a self-despising vegetable?