Episode 379: Welcome to the Pickle Party

Content Warning for Minor Injury and mention of Blood ~ 59:39 - 1:00:09

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://play.acast.com/s/vicegamingsnewpodcast/episode379-welcometothepickleparty

Free fan patch :slight_smile: The site logo is broken because someone didn’t set a width on the svg container. (logo says “waypoint, games by vice”)

5 Likes

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich convo may be one of my favorite Waypoint/Gaming at Vice bits I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes

I’m surprised no one talked about adding anything besides peanut butter and jelly into the sandwhich except for Cado’s fleeting pickle slices suggestion that I think no one heard lol. IMO banana slices are a real good add in and while I always use crunchy peanut butter sometimes I add in some chips to give it even more crunch.

1 Like

The pickle can work, but needs some help. Throw some bacon on. And maybe some potato chips too. It’s surprising how well the pb&j works with the salt and acidity of the bacon and pickle. It may sound weird as hell, but try it sometime and tell me it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Bring back Waypoint 101, pls.

5 Likes

I’m #TeamCado on the subject of PBJ.

So I know everyone loves to know what’s showing up in the ads:

“Northern Ireland is a great place to grow your business.”

As the learned American business owner that this ad is aimed toward, I have doubts. Brexit related doubts.

And when am I posting this? Oh… Well that’s a smidge awkward.

Also, being of the breed of Californians who’s default bread is sourdough for nearly all occasions, I’m also on the Cado PB&J bandwagon.

1 Like

To me, the PBJ is a food of convenience. I have bread, peanut butter, and jelly, so when I’m not inspired to eat something that requires effort, the PBJ is born. I can’t imagine a life where I pre-plan my PBJ consumption, that requires thinking ahead to a degree that I can’t be bothered with. If I have a nice crusty sourdough so be it, if I have a bunch of off brand super market white bread, that’ll do just as well. Unless I have something completely unsuitable like mint jelly or focaccia, it’s whatever happens to be there.

I think the implication is that Cado either makes his own sourdough, so he always has some, or else he just only buys sourdough because he prefers it.

1 Like