Episode 407: The Beef Zone

It’s the Friday before a longish holiday for us folks here at Waypoint Radio, and you can feel that slightly manic “day before break” energy in the air. Rob, Patrick, and Cado gather round the old podcasting mics to talk Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VII Remake (those are different things), Golf, Mario Golf (different things!), Flatland, Flatland vol.2 (very different things), and take a real deep and luxuriating dive into the Question Bucket.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://play.acast.com/s/vicegamingsnewpodcast/episode407-thebeefzone
2 Likes

I thought hearing Patrick go into Dad Mode for the “what are you afraid of” question was going to be my favorite part of the podcast because it was so sweet, but then Rob completely failed to enter any sort of parental mode and it was somehow even better.

13 Likes

Haven’t gotten to FF7 Remake yet - any spoilers in this?

Re: Patrick’s story at the start of the podcast: I actually felt appendicitis hit me in real time, although unfortunately it took a couple of days to realise that it was, in fact, appendicitis. I was watching 2001: A Space Odyssey at the time, and as the movie went on started getting progressively more feverish. Right as the Star Child sequence started, the stomach cramps and associated, uh, evacuations began. I also felt the moment that my appendix ruptured, which unfortunately was how I finally figured out that I had appendicitis rather than a norovirus or something. There was a sudden spike in pain on my right side, followed by the stomach cramps I had been feeling for a couple of days suddenly dissipating…

I don’t recommend getting appendicitis.

7 Likes

Okay, yes, Waypoint+ Cable Talk, with special guest Vinny Caravella. Keep, going, this project plans itself. This is the podcast where we get the ongoing trials and tribulations of Rob Zacny living in a house in service to those speakers.

4 Likes

This summer…

ROB ZACNY is…

THE GOLF CRIMINAL

6 Likes

Are the Speakers and the Krummets related Objects of Power or are they vying for control?

5 Likes

Blitzball fucking sucks. Rob perfectly described my very experience with that mini game. Never tried it again, never will.

Edit: FFIX runs circles around FFX.

2 Likes

Flatland is a very interesting book in a lot of ways, but that movie poster really is something else.

6 Likes

I prefer my fake Pac-Men to be more relatable/distressing:

4 Likes