Episode 449 - Tarzan's Sting

Rob, Patrick, and Cado gather today to record their final podcast of 2021, so of course the first thing they talk about is COVID. After sharing stories about their booster shot symptoms and discussing the way this pandemic just keeps happening, they turn their gaze to The Game Awards. Having already lambasted Geoff's weak response to the culture of abuse at Activision-Blizzard on a previous podcast (that will release sometime in the next two weeks), they take a look at some of the game trailers that have them the most excited, anxious, and confused about the games we might play in 2022. After the break, Patrick has been playing Moncage, a puzzle game that's all about perspective, and Cado has been dropping in a whole new way with Babble Royale, the surprise Scrabble-meets-Battle-Royale that dropped for free this week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://shows.acast.com/vicegamingsnewpodcast/episodes/episode-449
1 Like

Anyone else getting weird ads lately? I’m listening through the RSS feed so maybe I just get the bottom of the barrel ones but I just got one about how don’t I wish I could invest in art like the top 1% and now I can if I sign up for some online art trading service so I can own part of a Picasso. Who is listening to the podcast and dealing in high end art trade lol

1 Like

Yeah, I got that one, too, along with a couple of other weird ones right at the end of the show. (I don’t remember the others, was driving… they were just tonally really off.)

I also got that one, though not on this episode. And, yes, it was very weird.

Mine keep being various things that all seem to think I’m some kind of business owner or high level manager somewhere which, lol.

1 Like

I’m just here to confirm that, yes, Sting and Phil Collins are friends (or at least long term professional acquaintances). Because I am ancient, I can remember Live Aid, and Phil Collins did backing vocals for The Police during that concert. Also, I am fairly certain that Sting sings backup on ‘Take Me Home’.

2 Likes

Sorry Rob, Dune is not orientalist. Orientalist =/= any time a white person makes art influenced by non-Western culture. Here’s a good article about how Herbert really meaningfully engaged with Islamic thought and dismantled orientalist tropes: The Muslimness of Dune: A Close Reading of “Appendix II: The Religion of Dune” | Tor.com

2 Likes