Fans of Friends at the Table

On my grand relisten of all of Hieron now that Spring is in bloom, and I’m finally on Marielda

I totally forgot about Cat-stille meeting Samothes and that moment is incredible

The entire party forgetting to take Prowl is still comedy gold

I just want to pop back in here an say that the music that plays over the intro to episode 7 of Spring is so good.

I started listening earlier this year and really really love it. In the past when I had tried listening or watching any actual play stuff it never really clicked with me but I think Friends at the Table’s focus on cooperative storytelling is what really does it for me. I started with Twilight Mirage and loved that, then listened to Winter in Heiron to prep for Spring. I also got on the Patreon and listened to all the Bluff City episodes which have been a ton of fun. It’s made me want to get back in to tabletop games even though I haven’t played any in a little over a decade at this point.

god i finished counter/weight 2 weeks ago and im still thinking about it every day. i liked it but i honestly did not expect it to stick with me this hard like its super rare when something does that for me

It’s still maybe my favourite of all the seasons so far. So beautiful.

I just started listening to COUNTER/Weight and I just wanted to say that I will never get tired of when an NPC says “I would like a bribe.” I feel like I’ve heard it four or five times now across the various FatT campaigns but it is always hilarious to me.

Also, for Hieron, maybe this is just me but whenever Red Jack comes up I imagine him looking like a not-sci-fi version of Two Horns from Appleseed Alpha. It probably helps that the voice Austin does for him is pretty similar to what I remember the English dub sounding like.

Uh.

Yo if you’re not subbed to FaTT on Patreon and can spare $5, I would suggest you do that. The first season of their Patron only anthology, Bluff City, just finished and boy.

It’s a doozy.

EDIT: The first part of the first story is up for non-Patrons, I just remembered. Each story varies a little in terms of tone, but I think A Bowling Alley, a Boxer, and a Bird is still pretty indicative Bluff City generally.

STRONG AGREE

it’s the blend of coen brothers, bruce springsteen, and david lynch i didnt know i needed.

The best thing about Bluff City is that though it has continuity, it’s a series of one/two session games that allows the Friends to make some choices about their characters, knowing it won’t be a big commitment. Keith played a really fun, non Keith-like character in the last arc and he was great.

Keith doesnt play out of character often but when he does its fantastic. Winter In Hieron holiday special is a personal fave of mine