Fantasy Flight Games facing massive lay offs

I’m a huge fan of the FFG Star Wars roleplaying games, and I pop into their subreddit to find a link to this:

Most, if not all, the RPG department has been laid off.

Numerous other employees have been cut in an large reorganization of the the entire studio following the departure of several key members of the company that have been there for years.

Which links to this:

It’s with great sadness that I have to report that the decision has been made to close Fantasy Flight Interactive next month. I’m proud of the team and the game we’ve dedicated ourselves to for the past few years. It’s a been an amazing journey with even more amazing people. I’m going to do my best to get my team placed in new positions. I have programmers, designers, artists, QA staff and a producer to get placed in new roles and will do my best to do so quickly. Additionally, I’m now open to new opportunities myself since I will also be out of a job.

This is absolutely terrible. FFG makes some of the best board games and tabletop games out there, and the people they have with them are top notch in their field. I don’t know how much publicity this will get outside of tabletop circles, but I’m blown away that this happened.

Here’s another link to the news:

4 Likes

Sad news for people. As someone who kind keep up with L5R, I hope most of the game lines with continue. As for the RPGs I think they will be freelance out.

2 Likes

Some more info.

1 Like

dddddddwnload

3 Likes

I guess this will be the only official statement that things are going on.

It’s pretty gross that they’re still pretending these lay offs haven’t happened.

1 Like

http://www.d20radio.com/main/fantasy-flight-games-long-term-plan-will-discontinue-rpg-development/

We at d20Radio are sad to announce that we have independently confirmed that, in the long term, Fantasy Flight Games will be discontinuing the production of its roleplaying game lines. This news comes in the wake of the layoff FFG’s RPG department staff, which occurred in early January of this year.

this sucks man

3 Likes

Well… glad I got the Star Wars games and L5R hardcover while I could.

This fucking sucks. Rogue Trader was my first RPG and I have consistently loved everything they have done. The industry lost alot of good.

1 Like

I completely forgot the 40K games were through FFG.

Jeez, why do this?

FFG has not been selling any GW rpg products for a couple of years now.

I’m guessing profit margins on rpgs are probably lower than a lot of their other products, like Star Wars miniature games. Maybe they’re getting ready to go public or sell the company or something.