Favourite Waypoint Segments (2019 Edition)

If there was a compilation of Waypoint 2019 then the Rob disclaimer absolutely needs to be the preface to it all.

8 Likes

I say this is in most endearing way possible… Rob’s disclaimer could start before about 95% of the podcasts–definitely every Monday episode–and it would be completely appropriate and I would laugh every time.

5 Likes

I’m not sure which episode it was (one of the E3 ones?), but Rob’s sudden interest in Pokemon as soon as he heard about Drednaw was extremely cute.

9 Likes

The disclaimer obviously.

Also during one of the E3 podcasts where after a weird cut Austin comes back in mid explaining the Hard Times promo. After being in a dream like state throughout these podcasts it snapped me out/deeper into that mood. A very big “where am I” mood

3 Likes

Haven’t been posting segments here as much as I was orginally planning to but I had to for this one:
Episode 249 (1:31:13 to 1:31:48): Rob talks about his biggest video game regret.

2 Likes

patrick revealing that he ate chocolate chip pancakes every day for TEN YEARS?!?

6 Likes

So after Rob brought back the knife vs bat discourse I couldn’t help but notice some similarities to the original Giant Bomb discussion and had to compare the two. I don’t know if this turned out good or not but it was the kind of idea that I couldn’t stop thinking about until I finally made it, so here you go. Left channel is Giant Bomb, right channel is Waypoint.

11 Likes

Not sure if these were mentioned earlier, but two of my favorites:

• The beginning of Episode 224: Smells Like Sea Spirit: the group dragging Noah Smith generally, his “Cowboy Bebop is the most neoliberal anime” take specifically, group-watching the Smells Like Teen Spirit scene from Pan ft. Hugh Jackman, and Austin imploring Rob to “keep Newsies’ name out [your] mfing mouth”.
  • The beginning of Waypoints 27: Double Shirt Score:
    PATRICK: Austin, are we wearing the same shirt again?
    AUSTIN: We’re wearing the same shirt again!
    BOTH: Yes! Yes!
    AUSTIN: Power play! Double word score, double shirt score!
    NATALIE: Wow, this is strong energy!
    AUSTIN: Strong energy! Five star podcast, five star runtime!
3 Likes

Don’t be an anime narc. Don’t be a shareholder. (Waypoint Radio Ep. 251 02:02:30 - 02:08:30)

(for proper context, Waypoints Ep. 22. 01:09:55 - 1:14:40)

5 Likes

I have a terrible memory so I wish I cataloged these moments that bring me such joy.

So it doesn’t slip me by, The ClancyVerse

4 Likes

Going to add the Rob Zacny English Muffin story from the Sept 17 podcast to the list here.

8 Likes

Waypoint Radio 275
1:58:05 - 1:58:22
“Junh-junh junh junh-juh - Fucken’, shotgun with a grenade launcher on it”
Dearly hoping someone makes a full-length song out of this. It is “Riku shows up”, to me

2 Likes

So many good times this year but Natalie passing her Mark of Mastery exam during the PAX East was just so heartwarming. Especially if you saw the look of pure excitement on her face. It was just delightful.

The other call out I have is the entire Video Game Draft from July. Having Austin, Patrick, Rob and Cado having to craft and then present their line up is something I have listened to a few times now.

5 Likes

Episode 277: Austin’s description of the FFXIV World of Darkness raid.

Austin: “I can tell you about the time I got vored by a dog.”
Cado: "You can’t just say that!

I remember feeling the same level of confusion when I did that fight for the first time lol

3 Likes

The entire episode from 11/8 was easily the best politics podcast I’ve heard since The Tarfu Report ended.

1 Like