Final Fantasy XII : The Zodiac Age

It’s worth noting that the switch version is adding the ability to change jobs, so there’s less pressure to get it right first time. Or just aesthetics, I plan to make Ashe a Red Mage like I did on PS4 purely because she looks great with a mace and shield.

Those all look good? So long as you don’t end up with people with only one Swiftness augment (reduces action times by 10%, you can get up to three per character), everything should be fine, and it’s the most awkward part of using every job, but that party seems to be perfect, from what I’ve read. You might want to swap Vaan and Balthier’s jobs to match their stats better (Balthier’s magic stats are lacking, while Vaan’s are much more solid), but even as-is it shouldn’t be a problem. (Quickly checked my strategy guide: at max level, there’s 8 points of difference in Vaan and Balthier’s magick power, it’s more typically less than that, and you get bonus magick from robe-type armour - the difference in play is probably not super meaningful.)

Oh! The Vaan, Balthier swap is a good idea. Thanks! (And thanks for bringing in a strategy guide.)

And thank you @CaptainMorton for mentioning that. I missed that the Switch version has even more changes to make the game more casual and easy and fun and forgiving.

So PAX East has given us footage now of the game running on Switch and it looks really good which is kind of expected (but also a huge relief).

In addition, and I am typically very bad at noticing any differences, but Direct-Feed Games has uploaded a comparison of the PS4 and Switch versions and differences between the two look minimal.

2 Likes