Fire Pro Wrestling World

For those that don’t know FPWW released on Steam Early Access a few days ago. This is my first time playing one of these games, and once I got a hang of the mechanics I’ve been having a ton of fun with it! I’ve never been one to put a whole lot of time into character creators (or wrestling games, for that matter), but I ended up spending over an hour today trying to recreate Drago from Lucha Underground and it actually feels super rewarding.

Has anyone else been playing this game? What do you think of it so far? I’d love to see if anyone else has wrestlers they’ve been working on!

One thing that I’m finding interesting are the people streaming the game on Twitch. Not playing the game in the traditional sense, but setting up CPU matches and then “playing” as the match announcer. That would be impossible to create in game play terms, but this game lets you set it up and Twitch provides the ability to broadcast to an audience. It’s kind of adorable watching them get excited as a match unfolds with their favorite wrestlers. I know next to nothing about who any of the wrestlers are or the names of their moves, but it’s fun to watch someone nerd out like this over something they love.

I picked up the game myself and am having fun playing it, but I have a lot to learn.