FUGGEDABOUTIT - Empire of Sin Thread

So, looks like Empire of Sin is dropping soon! (December 1st: Romero Games’ new gangster-based RPG/Strategy game. Paradox publishing…)

CW for Violence in these Vids.

There’s a new video detailing characters and RPG abilities:

Plus some cool gameplay:

The thing that stands out to me is that they seem to be going for diversity and fun instead of ‘historically accurate’ boring period fluff we see assholes get all huffy about. Looks like there’s a lot of choices! Plus this is a dream game for me. I LOVE the idea of an xcom style mafia RPG/Strat game.

I hope you can get a penicillin shot for Capone.

5 Likes

I don’t buy many full price games. This is going to be one of them. I don’t think I care if this is a hot mess of too many ideas, this is the kind of game I want people to try to make.

Please be a wild crime game where I can tell ridiculous stories about my gangsters.

3 Likes

Yes! This might be my most anticipated game remaining on the 2020 release calendar. I am hoping so hard that the Switch version can keep up, as I could use a new handheld tactics game.

1 Like

I really love the phrase FUGGEDABOUTIT.

I am going to mod the game so EVERYONE says FUGGEDABOUTIT

Here is Michael Franzese, ex capo to the Columbo crime family, talking about how fucking IMPORTANT fuggedaboutit is:

The lead designer of this game is Brenda Romero, who has been in the games industry since the '80s. This is the game her husband (John - yes, that John Romero) says she’s been dreaming of making her entire life. I don’t even know if this is my genre of choice, but to support her (she’s from a tiny little town about 20 miles from my tiny little hometown so I claim her as my hometown hero) I am absolutely going to check this out.

EDIT: I thought this was a Romero Games developed thing and Paradox was publishing?

5 Likes

Whoops! I’ll fix that.

I’m really excited to try this thing out! The whole mob theme is very much my jam, and I always enjoy a good crunchy tactics game. For now, I still have a ton of other stuff to play (AC: Valhalla, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Gears Tactics, Tetris Effect, maybe some Planet Coaster), but I will absolutely come around to this at some point.

1 Like

New video on the management aspects.

2 Likes