Fun with Friends at the Table

Friends at the Table is “an actual play podcast about critical worldbuilding, smart characterization, and fun interaction between good friends”. The podcast can be found on Spotify, iTunes, and other podcasting apps, as well as the Friends at the Table website. A listener guide, as well as announcements about releases, merch, and so on can be found on @Friends_Table on Twitter.

FatT has recently started a new season called Sangfielle, and as the old FatT thread has over 1k posts, we thought it might be a good time to start a new thread. As always, please be courteous to your fellow listeners and use the spoiler or summary cut functions when discussing important plot points. You never know where someone is in a podcast, after all.

• To blur spoilers, add [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] around the relevant text (without the spaces shown in the example), or select the text and click on “Blur Spoiler” in the gear menu of the post editor.
  • To use a summary cut, type [details=“Summary”] and [/details] around the text you wish to hide under a cut, or select the text and click on “Hide Details” in the gear menu post of the text editor. Feel free to replace the word ‘Summary’ with a short explanation of whatever is hidden under the cut.
6 Likes

A fan made a great listening guide and resource document for FATT. It also has links to the transcript project and searchable database. Great to throw at anyone who wants to know where to start.

3 Likes

The wikis are a godsend, honestly. The number of factions was a huge reason C/W was great, but damn was I lost before I found the wiki lol

It’s early in world building during episode 2 of Sangfielle , but I’ll still spoiler this just in case: The conversation through which everybody generated the idea and mechanics of the curse was so great. It felt super collaborative and creative, and also produced what I think is this amazing potential for playing with the way the curse affects a generation at a time. I’m excited to see how it evolves.

4 Likes