Games Completed 2018

Hi Waypointers!

Sorry if this topic already exists, but I searched for a while and couldn’t find anything. This is a place to post the games that you’ve completed in 2018! It’s a fun way to keep track of all of the games you’ve beaten and your thoughts on those games as you complete them.

For the purposes of this thread, you get to choose what it means to “complete” a game. I usually define it as when I see credits, but I know that the definition of completing a game has gotten increasingly nebulous. Just make sure to use the “Hide Details” format under “Options” for the full list of games.

I used to post a lot on the Cane and Rinse forums and got the idea for the topic from them. They’re a book club style podcast (similar to Waypoint 101) and it’s really good stuff!

Happy video game completing!

Summary

Jan - Gorogoa (iOS)
Jan - Bury me, my love (iOS)
Jan - Inside (PS4)
Jan - Dear Esther (PS4)
Jan - inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Jan - The Room 3 (iOS)
Jan - Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
Jan - Universal Paperclips (iOS)
Jan - Virginia (PS4)
Jan - SteamWorld Dig 2 (PS4)
Jan - Monument Valley 2 (iOS)
Feb - Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Feb - inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
Feb - Grow Home (PS4)
Feb - Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
Feb - Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Feb - Florence (iOS)
Feb - Peggle 2 (PS4)
Mar - Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
Apr - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (PS4)
Apr - Jazzpunk (PS4)
Apr - Firewatch (PS4)
Apr - Overwatch (PS4)
Apr - Celeste (PS4)
Apr - Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)
Apr - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4)

May - Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (PS4)

I really enjoyed this game! The Uncharted gameplay isn’t my favorite in the world, but the scenery and vistas from this game were jaw-dropping. And I didn’t realize how invested in Nate and Elena’s relationship I was until this game. I’ve been married for five years and I thought Naughty Dog really captured that dynamic well.

I keep a journal with a list of all the games I’ve beaten in a given year and I’m surprised at how much I’ve actually gotten through this year so far.

Summary

Jan - Picross e8
Jan - .hack//QUARANTINE
Jan - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
Jan - The Darkside Detective
Jan - Subsurface Circular
Jan - Rogue Quest: The Vault of the Lost Tyrant
Jan - Tokyo Dark
Mar - Aviary Attorney
Mar - The Curse of Monkey Island
Mar - The Charnel House Trilogy
Apr - Secret of Mana
Apr - Tales of Berseria
Apr - Lara Croft GO
May - The Lion’s Song

My favorite so far this year has been The Lion’s Song. It was really touching, especially the third episode. The first episode is free over at Steam, so it’s definitely worth checking out if you like point-and-click games.

I started keeping a list in 2016, so for this year so far I’ve got:

Summary

Battle Chef Brigade
Subsurface Circular
Doki Doki Literature Club
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
Stories: Path of Destinies
Finding Paradise
Strikers Edge
The Red Strings Club
Crypt of the Necrodancer
The Fall
The Fall 2: Unbound
Space Tyrant
Roguemance
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
The Majesty of Colors
Dragon Quest IV (DS)
Way of the Passive Fist
Celeste
Domina
Okami
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
OPUS: Rocket of Whispers
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Minit
Quarantine Circular
Thomas Was Alone
Cycle 28
Overwhelm
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Furi
FAR: Lone Sails
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Final Fantasy III

(Edited to add more)

Summary

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
.hack//G.U. Last Recode
Destiny 2
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Mafia III
The Evil Within 2

I don’t really have a favorite, the highest rating any of these would get is a 7/10 imo

My favorites so far this year (and will probably end up two of my all-time favorites as well) are Celeste and Pyre.
I’ve also been trying to dip into my massive pile of Humble Bundle collateral; something like a full 1/4 of my Steam library is made up of games I got back when Humble first started and I jumped for every 1-dollar tier that seemed vaguely interesting.

I was surprised at how much fun I had with Capsized and Ring Runner, both of which are physics-based games (platformer and twin-stick shooter, respectively) that give you a lot of cool toys to play around with.

Summary

Jan - OlliOlli 2 (PC)
Feb - Technobabylon (PC)
Feb - Capsized (PC)
Feb - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (2DS)
Mar - Celeste (PC)
Apr - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
Apr - RingRunner: Flight of the Sages (PC)
Apr - Rayman Origins (PC)
May - Pyre (PC)
May - Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall (PC)
May - Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (PC)
May - The Lion’s Song: Chapter 1 (PC)
May - Intrusion 2 (PC)
This is the third game in my Humble Bundle backlog I finished this year, and weirdly enough it’s yet another janky physics-based game that’s more fun than it has any right to be. It holds true to the principle of constant escalation behind genre classics like Contra III: what starts as a more or less competent Metal Slug knockoff gradually comes into its own as it introduces more and more fun gimmicks designed to take advantage of its ragdoll physics. You start by going up against standard enemy grunts, but pretty soon you’re encountering giant octopus robots, enemies that ride wolves, then YOU can ride a wolf, then there are mech suits, snowmobiles, mech suits with grappling hooks…

It’s the kind of game that knows how fragile a player’s attention span can be, and spends its entire playtime getting straight to the good stuff. A pleasant side effect of this is that it’s quite short: I cleared the campaign on Normal (although I’d probably recommend playing on Easy to avoid what I thought were some jarring difficulty spikes) in around 2 hours. Would highly recommend, especially if you’ve had it sitting in your Steam backlog for 5 years like I did.

I’m uhhh bad at finishing games…

Summary
  • Feb - Massive Chalice
  • Mar - Endless Legend (if you count a game of endless legend as this)
  • May - Nuclear Throne
  • May - The Sexy Brutale
  • May - Wonderboy: The Dragon’s Trap remake

Here’s a list I maintain of every game I’ve touched this year though. I haven’t actually played a lot of games from this year (haven’t had a lot of money to go around), but I have sunk like 200 hours into MHW.

My memory is bad so I keep a journal of all the things I watch/read/finish in a year and a brief comment on what I thought about it at the time.
This year is a slow one.

Summary

April - Yakuza 0

That’s it.

I’ve had too much going on in my life this year to really sit down and finish games. But I’ve also discovered some new hobbies so that’s probably part of it.

I’ve been kind of keeping a list of games I’ve finished with some minimal thoughts I’ve finished on my pinboard account (it’s easier for itch/PC games, I also just haven’t “finished” anything on consoles yet this year…:sweat_smile:)
https://pinboard.in/u:wexxy/t:finished/

(Most recently finished at the top)

Summary

EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK
Monster Hunter (I hit the credits and only really hop back on when there’s a good seasonal thing I want or a new monster)
Night in the Woods
Driving Across
Packing Up the Rest of Your Stuff on the Last Day at Your Old Apartment
Paratopic
Perspektiva

Summary

I really like the idea of this thread because

a) It’s a cool idea to keep track of everything I’ve played

and

b) It’s already motivated me to finish more games

That said I haven’t completed any games this year and this thread made me kinda sad about it.

Haha love to be a gamer

since last year I’ve kept a running list of everything I’ve played, returned to and beaten, with a key marking them appropriately. I’m not gonna list em all here but here’s a link:

you might have noticed, I have played a lot of games. might come back and pick out a few faves to share but since I’m kind of always writing about games it’d get a little redundant.

I know you a big shooter person from Bullet Dive, did you like Legacy of the Elder Star?

my list of things i’ve “100%'d” and decided to set aside, sometimes after ages of going back to it, looks like the kind of poem i would have written in college poetry 101

Summary

a mortician’s tale
night in the woods
one night, hot springs
diaries of a spaceport janitor
we know the devil
coming out on top
so obscure

I’ve mostly been playing Rock Band and sports games, so I haven’t actually finished much but sure, I’ll go.

Summary

January

• HITMAN

March

• Florence

April

• Rise of the Tomb Raider

May

• Call of Duty: WWII

Uhhhhhh yea I dunno how to quantify “finishing” some stuff.

Summary

Monster Hunter World - periodically ongoing
Dragonball FighterZ - ongoing
Xenoblade 2 - finished, carryover from last year
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] - ongoing
God of War - 100%'d

I’ve been making a real effort to finish more games, so I keep a physical journal + backloggery.com to organize myself (I also play a lot of smaller itch.io / experimental games and most of those are not included here).

Summary

* = favourites so far!

Please Knock on My Door
Memoranda
Pyre
The Norwood Suite *
Solitairica *
Hitman: Patient Zero
Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story
Rakuen
Detention *
Full Throttle Remastered
Oxenfree
A Case of Distrust
Shadowhand
Rusty Lake Paradise
Into The Breach
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (not completed)
Chuchel
Four Last Things
Desert of Vice
XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen *
Off-Peak *
The House in Fata Morgana
Braid
The Long Dark (sandbox mode, still occasionally playing)
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend

Summary

Flinthook
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country
Streets of Rage 2
Off Peak
Virginia

I keep buying games, but then just replaying games I already own. I want to finish Nier, Dishonored and Prey but I just keep playing FromSoft games and Overwatch.

Inspired by some post’s on here I have been trying to finish stuff in backlog.

Summary

Gravity Rush (Vita)
MGSV (PS4)
Steamworld Dig 2 (Vita)
Invisible Inc (PS4)
Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
Rime (PS4)
Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (PS4)
FTL (PC)
Injustice (PS4)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
Azkend (Vita)
Fez (Vita)
Gone Home (PS4)
Journey (PS4)
Until Dawn (PS4)
Forma.8 (Vita)
Day Of The Tentacle (Vita)
XCom 2: WOTC (PS4)
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS4)
Laura Croft Go (Vita)
Burnout Paradise (PS4)

Turns out I don’t finish a lot of stuff I have on PC. Had just added platform to this list for posting here, thinking I may try finish everything on my Vita (and replay P4) and upgrade to a Switch.

I found it kind of OK? like I’m not wild about its format and it probably is a bit too messy to play very cleanly but it’s not punishing at all so it’s easy to kind of chill to.

Now that I think of it, I don’t think I’ve rolled credits on anything this year! But if we’re talking about games that I’m personally done with, here’s what I’ve “completed” this year:

Summary
  • Bayonetta - I realized that I don’t I like anime-ass-anime, and that is what Bayo is.
  • Bloodborne - I tried, you guys, I really did. But I just don’t see the “masterpiece” in randomly dying in darkened alleys over and over again.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Did the prologue, didn’t find it all that compelling. Feeding the kitty was fun though.
  • Stardew Valley - This game doesn’t really end, but I did get my grandpa to be proud of me!
  • Split/Second - I really like this game! Then Burnout Paradise Remastered came out.
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered - It takes a long ass time to complete the licenses y’all.

Special Mention:

• Overwatch/Fortnite/Titanfall 2/Halo:MCC - NEVER STOP SHOOTING