Games you've bought multiple times

Oh boy, OK. Don’t judge me.

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City/Origin/Knight, Mad Max, Divinity Original Sin, Oblivion, Skyim, Fallout 3 and 4, Fallout New Vegas,The Witcher 2 and 3, Darksiders 1 and 2, Banner Saga 1 and 2, Elite Dangerous, Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite, Borderlands 1, 2 and Pre-sequel…

I’ll stop there, though the list goes on. Almost every game I own, I own on PC and one, maybe two consoles. I have a problem…I know this.

There are a few that stand out. I pre-ordered two copies of Mass Effect 3, the collectors and the standard on Xbox 360, then later bought it again on PC…and PS3, I regret nothing. I bought the collectors edition of Arkham Asylum on PS3, didn’t like that it came in a sleeve instead of a plastic case so I traded it in at Gamestop and bought the standard edition. THEN I traded that in, only to later buy it on Xbox 360, and again on the PC. Lastly, I bought Gears of War and Resistance, traded them in, bought them again, traded them in, and bought them yet again…only to trade them in and later buy them once more. I think they were under a dollar the last time I bought them.

Let’s see.

The biggest example is Persona 3. I had P3, P3: FES, P3P in Japanese, and P3P in English. I like P3.

I’ve also gotten FF Tactics, FFVII, and FFX on Vita and their respective PlayStations (although Tactics I have on PSP and Vita).

This also comes up a lot with an iPad. I have Papers, Please, Baldur’s Gate: EE, TWEWY, Transistor, and Bastion all on iOS as well as PC.

Yikes. Saying it all out loud is rough (especially since I’m sure I’m forgetting some). >_<

I own every Grand Theft Auto from III to V at least two or three times. I have two copies of San Andreas just in the PS2. I don’t even like those PS2 era GTAs… :rolling_eyes:

Tomb Raider 2 on PC, PS1, digital (I’ve downloaded that version on PS3, PSP, and Vita), and another PS1 copy when I couldn’t find my original. I really like Tomb Raider 2.

Only other multiple copy- outside of replacements for discs my kids destroyed- is digital Overwatch for my new PS4Pro after buying the disc copy for my original PS4.

Y’all put me to shame. For the most part I thiink it counts to say I bought the PS3 and then the PS4 versions of Last of Us and GTA V.

I know I bought morrowind a couple of times.

I bought like 10 copies of Thomas Was Alone when it was on deep sale because I wanted all my friends to play it. Same with Bastion I think.

I’d definitely buy PS4 versions of most of my ps3 games because I’m lazy and don’t want to move things around and switch out consoles. (Also the dual shock 4 is so much better than the 3 it wasn’t even funny)

I’ve purchased Syndicate, Darksiders 2, Skyrim, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution twice, all out of love. I bought GTA V again out of obligation to my friends so we could play on Xbox One.

I got SW Battlefront 2 on PS2, PC and on Steam and will probably buy it again if I ever get round to getting a Ps2 again

I’ve purchased any number of pokemon games multiple times, especially after I started learning Japanese.

It’s not quite the topic of this thread, but I purchased and resold Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 2 or 3 times bc I wanted to get into it so badly but really couldn’t.

Recent history is mainly fighting games, thanks to importing Japanese versions to get earlier access; although I did buy the NA release of GGXrd on PS3, PS4, and Steam.

Hmm… a handful of remasters recently, if those really count; Valkyria Chronicles, Odin Sphere, FFX/X-2 collection, The Last of Us.

Thankfully managed to resist being milked too much by Nintendo’s antics at all over the years.

I think I ended up buying Fallout 3 on 360 7 times because I was a dummy dumb dumb kid who kept selling it back to gamestop. Also, one time I lent a copy to my friend and he sold it to gamestop. I finally wised up and just bought a copy on steam. man I was dumb.

1 Like

I bought Duke Nukem: Forever twice before it released. Why? Honestly I don’t know. The physical copy has remained in its plastic seal wrapper. I don’t even like the original Duke Nukem.

Besides the occasional HumbleBundles having the same game, the only two I can recall would be Nuclear Throne and System Shock 2. Got a physical copy for NT and bought two physical CDs for SS2.

I dont want to talk about the myriad of ways I own Rayman 2

1 Like

I think it’s impossible to have owned an electronic device in the last fifteen years and not have at least four copies of that game.

1 Like

I bought xcom: enemy unknown for pc, 360 and iPad. Probably going to end up with multiple copies of xcom 2 since i never bothered to beat that game and I’d rather play it on a console if I’m going to sit down with it again.

Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, Fallout 3, The Orange Box, Metal Gear, Halo 3

I think I’ve purchased FF Tactics and XCOM: Enemy Unknown at least 3 times each.

I’ve bought Kingdom Hearts/2/Birth by Sleep, Uncharted 2 and 3, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 twice via the power of HD re-releases.

I also bought Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue twice because I love myself, and definitely didn’t lose track of the first copy of the game.

…and I bought Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun twice because I hate myself.

You sure will. Bet you can get a Vita for a song now, and P4 Golden is, well, pure gold.

I foolishly believed XCOM 2 would never come to console, so I bought it for my Mac that can barely play it. I finally got it on PS4 about a week ago so I can play the expansion on a system that can tolerate it.

I’ve also bought XCOM: Enemy Within on both PC and iPad. I’m sure I’ve bought Fallout 1 more than once? And Fallout 3. And Skyrim.