Games you've bought multiple times

I’ve purchased any number of pokemon games multiple times, especially after I started learning Japanese.

It’s not quite the topic of this thread, but I purchased and resold Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 2 or 3 times bc I wanted to get into it so badly but really couldn’t.

Recent history is mainly fighting games, thanks to importing Japanese versions to get earlier access; although I did buy the NA release of GGXrd on PS3, PS4, and Steam.

Hmm… a handful of remasters recently, if those really count; Valkyria Chronicles, Odin Sphere, FFX/X-2 collection, The Last of Us.

Thankfully managed to resist being milked too much by Nintendo’s antics at all over the years.

I think I ended up buying Fallout 3 on 360 7 times because I was a dummy dumb dumb kid who kept selling it back to gamestop. Also, one time I lent a copy to my friend and he sold it to gamestop. I finally wised up and just bought a copy on steam. man I was dumb.

I bought Duke Nukem: Forever twice before it released. Why? Honestly I don’t know. The physical copy has remained in its plastic seal wrapper. I don’t even like the original Duke Nukem.

Besides the occasional HumbleBundles having the same game, the only two I can recall would be Nuclear Throne and System Shock 2. Got a physical copy for NT and bought two physical CDs for SS2.

I dont want to talk about the myriad of ways I own Rayman 2

I think it’s impossible to have owned an electronic device in the last fifteen years and not have at least four copies of that game.

I bought xcom: enemy unknown for pc, 360 and iPad. Probably going to end up with multiple copies of xcom 2 since i never bothered to beat that game and I’d rather play it on a console if I’m going to sit down with it again.

Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, Fallout 3, The Orange Box, Metal Gear, Halo 3

I think I’ve purchased FF Tactics and XCOM: Enemy Unknown at least 3 times each.

I’ve bought Kingdom Hearts/2/Birth by Sleep, Uncharted 2 and 3, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 twice via the power of HD re-releases.

I also bought Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue twice because I love myself, and definitely didn’t lose track of the first copy of the game.

…and I bought Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun twice because I hate myself.

You sure will. Bet you can get a Vita for a song now, and P4 Golden is, well, pure gold.

I foolishly believed XCOM 2 would never come to console, so I bought it for my Mac that can barely play it. I finally got it on PS4 about a week ago so I can play the expansion on a system that can tolerate it.

I’ve also bought XCOM: Enemy Within on both PC and iPad. I’m sure I’ve bought Fallout 1 more than once? And Fallout 3. And Skyrim.