Get a First Listen to 'Bird World,' the Upcoming Album by Weird Twitter's Own Leyawn

From cute bubbly island tunes to forest lullabies, set out on an adventure with a soundtrack to a video game you can only dream of existing.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/get-a-first-listen-to-bird-world-the-upcoming-album-by-weird-twitters-own-leyawn

Let’s see what unicode this forum uses to show how :fire::fire::fire: this album is

EDIT: Dank

As far as Nintendo birds go, though, one of the very best

Hey wow, what a good sounding bird.

hmm… yes… i agree

Wow, beautifully evocative of a certain kind of video game world that seems so pleasant to live in. Hazelnut Harbor sounds like I would want to spend a lot of time there, strolling over the promenade, watching the, err, … I guess … hazelnut shipments … err … come in? so crisp and clear, like an actual place.

//

Oh, and I love that Jordan Mallory’s profile is super into SNSD. It made my day.

Perfect springtime vibes from Weird Twitter’s Own :bird:

There’s something about OST’s to hypothetical video games that is very good and love seeing it whenever I can.

Maybe… I like birds?? Cause this is tight af

I thought this was an interesting feature and was wondering: will Waypoint be doing more interactions with video game music composers or musicians heavily influenced by game music, or was this kind of a one-off? I like the Spotify playlists, too.

Jordan is the biggest SNSD fan I know. Gif game on point.

A little of column A, a little of column B!

Leyawn is someone whose music we’ve liked for a while, and the project was itself designed in such a way that it made sense for us to cover it. It’s an OST to a fake video game, after all, and if our Twitter mentions are to be believed, we are fake gamers, so it was a perfect fit.

It isn’t the first time we’ve covered music, and it won’t be the last, but we probably will continue to be a little picky, in general. (Especially since VICE’s Noisey and Thump already do so much good work in the music sphere.)

Thanks! That sounds like the best way to go about it.

San Francisco decided to be warm today, so this soundtrack fits perfectly. Loving it so far!