Give Me An Extremely Chill Take About Video Games

I love weird RPG tropes. Are you mortally wounded because you were in a swordfight? Sleep it off. Are you a thief trying to steal something from an enemy? Better do it after you’ve already engaged them in battle. Also, if they die before you can steal the thing you want, it’ll be gone somehow!

Nier Automata is good and I’m glad Yoko Taro is actively working on games

Darunia, the undisputed big cheese of the Gorgons, has a top 5 dad bod in video games.

Slightly unrelated, my chill take on Waypoints is that the opening read by Rob or Natalie, accompanied by the soothing 2mello track, is like being invited into a comfy lounge chair where a steaming cup of tea, hot chocolate or a glass of good cognac awaits you.

It’s real good y’all.

But that’s just my feelings on it.

A game is some combination of the following indivisable elements:

• skeleton
  • red key
  • score thing
  • magic door

If you see something that looks like a videogame but isn’t, you should notify the Police.

There has never been a better time to be playing video games.

They should let you hit on Albatross in Alpha Protocol.

LET :clap: GORDON :clap: FREEMAN :clap: TALK

I have two chill takes:

I think it’d be cool to have a Dead Rising remake/sequel in the RE engine like DmC and RE2, but that’s just my opinion. I think the engine is pretty.

I wish somebody would make a good superhero game with any of the following:

• Thor
  • Iron Man
  • Captain Marvel
  • Captain America

Because I love them. Other superheroes are also great, I just want to see somebody besides Hulk who can totally wreck shop. But that’s just my opinion, it’s totally cool if you disagree, and I love Spider-Man and Batman plenty.

If that Crystal Dynamics Avengers game can deliver on even half the promise of the teasers, that could be enough to be a lock GotY for me.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles has a soundtrack that is just pure medieval nonsense and I will never ever tire of it

Sometimes it’s really fun to play through Sniper Elite 3 as a pallette cleanser when the harsh world of Banner Saga gets too much.

I’m excited to play RE:2 when it gets really cheap, I’m glad people have been loving it.

Your favorite game is good.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of a game - if you enjoy it, it’s good.

Games, they’re not just Pac-Man anymore

I have very affectionate memories of playing Phantasy Star on my Sega Master System. Maybe you missed it or aren’t into games like that, and that’s okay. I don’t know if I’m into games like that anymore, either.

i really like it when geralt says “wind’s howling”

Head shotting Nazis in slow motion is one thing.

But taking out their testicles is another dimension of satisfaction. I generally love how you can play those games as fast or as slow as you want. If it had the control of MGSV it would be perfect.

But y’know perfection is so overated. I’m totally cool about how good the series is already. It can be a weirdly xen type of game.

I love living in the Dragon Age universe and I want to go to there and live in it (even though it’s not a good place to be an everyday Susie). Those characters are my friends (especially Leliana, Cassandra, Isabela, Blackwall, Varric, Alastair, Zevran OKAY BASICALLY EVERYONE) and I miss them when I’m not playing the game.

Pillars of Eternity does some really amazing things with story and I wish I heard more people talking about it.

I’m excited to see what future games influenced by story-driven walking simulators like Gone Home, Firewatch, and What Remains of Edith Finch will be like.

You know what’s good?

Kirby games. All of them are very good.

Tell me about it! There’s an achievement for testicle shotting a nazi over 100 meters away, I happened to get it by incapacitating Nazi 1 then as his friend Nazi 2 went to help his friend I quite literally shot his balls off. Fun times.

I revisited and finished SE3 this week and played it as if I were Solid Snake stealthed the whole game as a challenge and I had a ball (see what I did there…) . I’m looking forward to playing 4 again, I only got through 2 missions before throwing it aside for something else. Plus if I remember rightly the 4th played much better.

Ever touched the co-op or horde mode? I’ve never had any friends play it before.