Give 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' Time, It's Trying to Give You the World

I crashed too lol

Stalled out when wanting to get elevated shots of the city.

2 Likes

Y’know, I’m starting to think we need to start a screenshot thread, unless mods are cool with us turning this one into a pic repository.

1 Like

I’m down!

Speaking of, seeing as how Genghis Khan was recently cancelled on Twitter for being a Medieval Warlord, I decided to find his big statue in Mongolia:

So, after suffering through Mongolia’s INSANE winds, (Seriously, you want a flying challenge, fly under 10,000 in Mongolia’s airspace.) I found it… And uhhh… I think the Khan would be displeased:

2 Likes

Speaking outside of mod capacity, I think it could be beneficial to have a screenshot thread for microsoft flight, and if it were tagged as “(Image Intensive)” that could be a good warning for folks who have data caps, are on their phone, or have slower connections.

One thing I’d also be aware of considering this is a public space, to be careful when sharing local areas. This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot especially in regards to streaming as I worry about streamers accidentally doxing themselves.

3 Likes

Thank you both so much! I’m absolutely grinning looking through these. They are … deeply inaccurate in a way that’s really haunting. The shirvanshahs palace and old city around it is hilarious as the area is filled with two to three story houses mostly, what’s in the game it almost looks like those same houses dressed up as skyscrapers. I love it haha. Thank you both again if you have the time / inclination could you check out the Central Park:

This area used to be all oil boom era housing and has been torn down over the past few years to build the new park. My research is all around how that project played out and how the people living there fought back and lived through the displacement. Thanks again so much!

4 Likes

the fact that my PC can’t come close to running this is killing me.

Real talk, depending on how quickly they can port this, Flight Simulator could very well be the Series X’s launch killer app, especially given the fact that the game is bringing otherwise viable gaming PCs to their knees.

4 Likes

I’ll check it out when I’m off work!

1 Like

Just wanted to let everybody know I made us a Flight Sim photo thread here:

6 Likes

As someone without a gaming PC, if this game gets ported to Series X anywhere near launch, MS can take my money. They can take my whole wallet, honestly.

2 Likes

Hello, I am not able to play this game but I am super curious how my home town looks like, if it’s even there. If anyone feels like doing me a solid, let me know!

I am really starting to butt up against the system they use to generate the ground/cities. I was really excited to explore the world and see the sights, but a lot of sights have been quite disappointing. Outside of a few hand rendered structures most cities are populated with a tiny variety of generic houses, apartment buildings, office blocks and trees.

No matter I thought, I will explore natural wonders, monuments and ancient ruins, surely that will be cool. Some are great others though didnt even get cursory care. Machu Picu has office blocks instead of stone structures. Stonehenge is a flat photo. Victoria Falls was a glitchy mess, as was Niagara. The Grand Canyon is a big canyon with quite ugly textures stretched down its sides. The Amazon looks like any other forest in the game.

I know its a flying game, and maybe I should only look at things from 10,000 feet and up, but I felt like the promise of an AI generated world is still a long way off.

Here is whatever the heck was going on with the river leading away from Victoria Falls. As I flew closer the raised bit would drop down to the correct level, then pop back up behind me.